The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-07-2022, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpharm View Post
Hi all - i am getting my X4 Pro today or tomorrow - one thing i noticed in videos/pics is that there are different fretboard patterns - the one i think i am getting (and advertised on the Amazon photos) is a regular dot inlay whereas i see many earlier vids with a pattern design inlay without dot inlays. is there a choice of fretboard pattern or did they just change them in newer models?
I purchased mine 2 months ago and it has very small pearl dots that are drilled and filled with what looks like a blackened epoxy to form a bullseye pattern.

Enjoy you new guitar! I have enjoyed mine.
Old 09-07-2022, 08:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpharm View Post
Hi all - i am getting my X4 Pro today or tomorrow - one thing i noticed in videos/pics is that there are different fretboard patterns - the one i think i am getting (and advertised on the Amazon photos) is a regular dot inlay whereas i see many earlier vids with a pattern design inlay without dot inlays. is there a choice of fretboard pattern or did they just change them in newer models?
Yes, I do believe there are two versions of the Enya X4 Pro AcousticPlus. I base this on my first Enya X4 having the word "Magnetic" instead of "Tone" on its control panel. This I found confusing at first as there wasn't a magnetic pickup in or on the guitar. This misnamed control was in fact the "Tone" control. This matter and a lack of adhesive at the rear of the bridge, along with some haphazard packing in its shipping box prompted me to return this guitar. I believe this guitar was a previously returned earlier Enya X4. Perhaps, the mislabeling on the control panel was because the earliest Enya X4 guitars didn't yet have the newer control panel label ready and the company substituted a control panel from another Enya model. I ordered another Enya X4 and all is well with that ax. As for my recall, both these Enyas had white with black center fretboard position dots.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 09-09-2022, 12:40 PM
Charter Member

So, after around 20 hours of onboard, battery-usage time spread over several sessions over about 3 weeks, the battery indicator light on my new Enya X4 Pro AcousticPlus guitar finally turned RED. Time to recharge.

What do I now know about my Enya X4 Pro AcousticPlus? When playing acoustically only with the guitar's onboard effects engaged, the full-volumed usage of the effects falls off after several hours the time of which I'll have to reassess as I wasn't paying attention. The usage of the effects when plugged-in continued up to the battery-indicator light turning RED, and even beyond that point.

Summary: It takes more battery power to run the effects actuator circuit and its physical movement transducer to produce acoustic-only effects. Thus, when the volume of the acoustic effects lessens, there's still plenty of battery power for plugged-in usage. In conclusion, for a plugged-in gig, with a pre-gig, onboard, full-battery charge, there is more than enough battery power for the guitar's preamp and effects for any gig for which you'd use the Enya X4 Pro AcousticPlus.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Old 09-11-2022, 09:23 PM
Charter Member

I just tried mine amplified today. Plugged it into my Yamaha THR30ii.

Also into one of my larger amps. As mentioned in a previous post need to drop the volume a bit on the guitar but overall very pleased with the plugged in tone.

Sent from my motorola edge (2021) using Acoustic Guitar Forum mobile app
Old 09-14-2022, 04:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
I just tried mine amplified today. Plugged it into my Yamaha THR30ii.

Also into one of my larger amps. As mentioned in a previous post need to drop the volume a bit on the guitar but overall very pleased with the plugged in tone.

I'm so glad you're enjoying your Enya X4 Pro AcoustcPlus! These things are a wonder at their price!
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Old 09-16-2022, 05:27 PM

Thanks the for review! I've been eyeing this guitar for a while now and figured there would be some input on it here

Just wanted to clarify but did you purchase it for $799.99 during a sale/price reduction? Or was that $799.99 via a credit or promotion that Amazon had? It wasn't clear to me because normally even as a Prime member, I've never really seen any additional discounts on otherwise "normal" priced items.

Currently the guitar is $899.99 but if it ever actually drops to $799.99 I may pull the trigger.

As it is, I need to offload some guitars. The next one I may sell is my Bourgeois OM Adirondack, but that's only if I can get the Enya on sale AND if I actually like it
Old 09-17-2022, 03:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplee3 View Post
Thanks the for review! I've been eyeing this guitar for a while now and figured there would be some input on it here

Just wanted to clarify but did you purchase it for $799.99 during a sale/price reduction? Or was that $799.99 via a credit or promotion that Amazon had? It wasn't clear to me because normally even as a Prime member, I've never really seen any additional discounts on otherwise "normal" priced items.

Currently the guitar is $899.99 but if it ever actually drops to $799.99 I may pull the trigger.

As it is, I need to offload some guitars. The next one I may sell is my Bourgeois OM Adirondack, but that's only if I can get the Enya on sale AND if I actually like it
Hi, I got my Enya X4 Pro AcousticPlus by responding to a pop-up promo for signing up for an Amazon Prime membership/credit card. These promos can occur anytime and seem to be aimed at folks who went through the process of signing up for a Prime membership but backed out before consummating the transaction (I did this a couple of times). Amazon has a way of following what's going on! If I could have signed up during a pop-up promo a day earlier, I could have gotten this guitar for $699.99 instead of $799.99. Obviously, Amazon is trying to lure buyers into signing up for their Prime service and credit card. If you sign up for their Amazon Prime service/credit card you'll get a 5% credit toward future purchases. So right now I've got a little over $40 bucks in credit that I can use for another purchase. This is a great credit card to have IF you pay your purchase(s) off when the monthly bill comes due so you don't pay any interest. The Amazon Prime membership also gives you included access to Amazon Prime video and song streaming services and free shipping and returns on most items. You get a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime so you could buy the guitar and cancel the service before your 30 days are up but you'd probably lose any 5% credit toward future purchases by canceling.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Old 09-24-2022, 02:47 AM

Default Love my Nova Go

I pulled the trigger on a Nova Go last week since it was down to $159 again!

I'm very impressed with the guitar. It actually reminds me a great deal of one of the Macpherson Touring guitars, but cheaper. The saddle on mine is flush with the slot and doesn't appear to have a weird angle. It looks like Tusq or maybe even Bone. I don't think the saddle radius matches the neck radius perfectly tho as the intonation is a bit wonky on the 6th string. The intonation actually arguably better in the middle strings than my Emerald X7, but I'm just judging off the mediocre strings.

What is the heaviest string gauge anyone's tried on one of these? I generally use a set 16-56 and a bit worried this little plastic joy might buckle lol. I'm also a tad concerned that the nut is not removable and is part of the mold. Still I'll be playing this thing in bed and walking/hiking trips.
Old 10-08-2022, 02:37 PM
Charter Member

After over two months of ownership, I'm still loving my Enya X4 Pro AcousticPlus carbon fiber/composite acoustic-electric guitar, and I'm still amazed it only cost me $799.99. Are any other Enya X4 Pro owners out there still in love with their Enya?
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Old 10-08-2022, 02:48 PM

SpruceTop,
How is the neck width/string spacing on your Enya Pro? Could you measure it in mm? I am tempted but I am used to 1 3/4 necks, i.e. around 44.5/45mm at the nut, with a string spacing of around 38mm.
Old 10-08-2022, 03:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardo1000 View Post
SpruceTop,
How is the neck width/string spacing on your Enya Pro? Could you measure it in mm? I am tempted but I am used to 1 3/4 necks, i.e. around 44.5/45mm at the nut, with a string spacing of around 38mm.
Hi Gerardo, from earlier posts in this thread:

Quote:
I would love to consider the Enya X4 Pro but I like a wide strings spacing and my other two guitars have a 1 3/4 neck width at the nut. While, if I am not wrong, the Enya X4 Pro has a traditional 1 11/16 neck width. But... more than the neck width, it is how the strings are spaced that is important, so my question to all Enya X4 Pro owners is: How is the strings spacing at the nut?
Can you please measure it from the center of the low E to the high E? Is it 35, 36, 37, 38 mm? This info would be very useful to me. Thanks in advance !
Hi Gerardo,

Using digital calipers:

Nut Width = 1.688 (1 11/16)

Centers E to E = 35.5 mm

The neck profile feels similar to my RainSong BI-DR1000N2 but just a smidgen narrower at the nut.

-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by casualmusic View Post
What would you reckon is the safe max E to E spacing that can be carved into a new X4 nut without rolling strings off the edge of the fretboard?

Cheers
I could see going outward on each side another .75mm (.030") max or .63 mm (.025") to be safe as far as not causing the two E strings to roll off the edges of the fretboard. This would actually suit me better as far as ease of thumb-fretting.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Old 10-11-2022, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
Hi, I got my Enya X4 Pro AcousticPlus by responding to a pop-up promo for signing up for an Amazon Prime membership/credit card. These promos can occur anytime and seem to be aimed at folks who went through the process of signing up for a Prime membership but backed out before consummating the transaction (I did this a couple of times). Amazon has a way of following what's going on! If I could have signed up during a pop-up promo a day earlier, I could have gotten this guitar for $699.99 instead of $799.99. Obviously, Amazon is trying to lure buyers into signing up for their Prime service and credit card. If you sign up for their Amazon Prime service/credit card you'll get a 5% credit toward future purchases. So right now I've got a little over $40 bucks in credit that I can use for another purchase. This is a great credit card to have IF you pay your purchase(s) off when the monthly bill comes due so you don't pay any interest. The Amazon Prime membership also gives you included access to Amazon Prime video and song streaming services and free shipping and returns on most items. You get a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime so you could buy the guitar and cancel the service before your 30 days are up but you'd probably lose any 5% credit toward future purchases by canceling.

Thanks!! Looks like Enya is having a 20% off sitewide sale on pretty much everything. I placed an order for the X4 a couple days ago and got it down to $719.99!!! If you have a Chase card with the quarterly bonus, you can also get another 5% back paying with Paypal. Effectively, I'm paying $683.99 for the guitar after all is said and done. It still hasn't shipped so *crossing fingers* that it will. It was just too good a deal to pass up. I used to have a CA GXi guitar but sold it and kind of miss it. It did feel a bit too bassy and midrangey for me and it *sounds* like that may be what I will get with the X4 (although changing strings helps) but I think it'll be nice having a guitar especially with those interesting onboard effects.
Old 10-11-2022, 02:08 PM

For anyone interested, today Oct 11 and tomorrow Oct 12, Amazon is selling the Enya X 4 Pro to Prime members for only $719.00 including shipping!
Old 10-11-2022, 02:15 PM

Quote:
For anyone interested, today Oct 11 and tomorrow Oct 12, Amazon is selling the Enya X 4 Pro to Prime members for only $719.00 including shipping!
Wow, also excellent! I really should have waited (for the benefit of getting faster shipping + easier returns). Still can get 5% CB via paying with the Amazon Prime card (no reason for anyone who has an Amazon Prime membership not to have one)

EDIT: something I just realized though is the tax factor. Going through Enya directly, I seem to have avoided being charged sales tax hahaha. Amazon you'll definitely get that tacked on. Just food for thought...

Last edited by jplee3; 10-11-2022 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-11-2022, 09:58 PM
Charter Member

I just noticed there is an enya11 discount on their site that gives you free shipping and the matching price to Amazon at 20% off.

I don't know how their return policy compares though

Edit: noticed it was already mentioned above.

Last edited by Aspiring; 10-11-2022 at 10:19 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber