The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 09-28-2022, 04:46 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Organic Sounds Event - Richard Hoover talk, James Nash perform

Hi Friends,

I know it’s a little early, but I wanted to start spreading the word. Although we have been open for several weeks now, we are planning a “Grand Opening” event for Saturday November 5th. Richard Hoover from the Santa Cruz Guitar Company, has graciously offered to come down and will give a talk and question/answer session here in the store. James Nash will also come down, and will play for us during Richard’s talk, and afterwards. We will have food and beverages, and will raffle off some good stuff (no, not a Santa Cruz Guitar unfortunately!).

For those in the vicinity of Southern California (or those who would like to visit), please come! Seating will be somewhat limited, so please let me know if you’d like to attend. The talk will be in the late afternoon, likely 3:00 pm. I will update this thread with more details as we get closer.

Thanks folks!
Old 09-29-2022, 08:04 AM

Good morning, Larry! Sounds like a great way to kick things off! Would love to sit in on that one!
I've attended one of Dana Bourgeois workshops and it was fascinating and informative. I'm sure Richard will be a ton of fun to meet and experience.
Enjoy the day!
Fred
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret
2000 McCollum Grand Auditorium

Old 09-29-2022, 10:06 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandguitar View Post
Good morning, Larry! Sounds like a great way to kick things off! Would love to sit in on that one!
I've attended one of Dana Bourgeois workshops and it was fascinating and informative. I'm sure Richard will be a ton of fun to meet and experience.
Enjoy the day!
Fred
Thanks Fred! Richard is a wonderful speaker with a wealth of accumulated knowledge. And James Nash is a fantastic player. Looking forward to having them at the store, and also to meeting some more of my AGF neighbors!
Old 10-04-2022, 11:35 PM
Charter Member

Wow, Larry!

I wish I could be there! I would love to hear Richard Hoover talk! What a great idea! I hope this is a huge success for you!

- Glenn
Old 10-05-2022, 10:08 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Wow, Larry!

I wish I could be there! I would love to hear Richard Hoover talk! What a great idea! I hope this is a huge success for you!

- Glenn
Thanks Glenn! We're very excited to host Richard and James!
Old 10-05-2022, 05:36 PM

I am very fortunate to live close by and can't wait to attend!
Preston Thompson: O Koa
Old 10-10-2022, 10:32 AM

I'm bringing my old Cruz Dread. It was built by Richard and partner in 1982. I am curious as to who did what in the early years.
Old 10-11-2022, 08:18 PM

Sounds like a good time. Think there could be any video recording some of your long distance fans can watch at a later date?

Jeff
Flammang RS35, Flammang el35, SC 000 12 Fret ss, SC H13, SC PJ, Rockbridge 00, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin 0018vs (given to Godson), Lowden F388c (traded), SC OM (traded), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Larrivee L05MT (sold), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)
Old 10-11-2022, 11:07 PM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Hey Jeff. Yes, that is a very real possibility! I will make an effort to record the whole thing and post on our YouTube channel (and link to it here). Thanks!
Old 10-12-2022, 02:24 PM

That will be great if you can pull it off. Be fun to watch.

Thanks,

Jeff
Flammang RS35, Flammang el35, SC 000 12 Fret ss, SC H13, SC PJ, Rockbridge 00, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin 0018vs (given to Godson), Lowden F388c (traded), SC OM (traded), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Larrivee L05MT (sold), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)
Old 10-16-2022, 12:58 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quick update:

Our event is scheduled for Saturday, November 5th at 3:00 pm (that time is now official).

There is still room for those who might want to attend. As many or most of you know, Richard Hoover is a wonderful and fascinating speaker who has accumulated a wealth of knowledge during the course of his career. We're so fortunate to welcome him to our shop.

And for those who do not know of James Nash, check out his website, here: http://www.jamesnash.com/. James is a wonderful guy and a fantastic player and performer.

Please let me know if you would like to attend.

Thanks folks!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases