The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-24-2022, 06:01 AM
Charter Member

Congrats on your X20! The time will go by fast. I got mine a couple weeks ago. It was 9 1/2 weeks but the plant closed for holiday (1 week) during that time. I would anticipate 8 weeks.

Tick tock tick tock……
Old 11-02-2022, 11:24 AM

Default She's built!

Just got word that my X20 has been built, pleked, and played its first notes.

Hopefully she'll be on the next shipping video. Here's a pic:

https://emeraldguitars.com/galleries...brant-green-3/
Old 11-02-2022, 11:58 AM
Charter Member

Whoa, that's an eye catcher. The wait is almost over!
Old 11-02-2022, 06:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmitestar View Post

Seeing that first image is an exciting time! Won't be long now!
Old 11-03-2022, 08:57 AM

Congrats on the X20! This site also led to my purchase of one.

I bought mine used and feel I got a stupidly great deal, but I swapped that savings for not being able to customize. I think I would've opted for a Hyvibe like you did, instead of the LR Baggs mine has, for the onboard tuner if nothing else. Other effects are just icing.

Playing mine out live for the first time this eve!

-T
Old 11-03-2022, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd S View Post

Playing mine out live for the first time this eve!

-T
Best of luck on the gig. What a unique instrument that even non-guitar geeks surely notice. There’s a pun about being “double booked” or something in there that I’ll resist. 🤣
Old 11-05-2022, 03:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

I'm looking forward to your reception and review of your Emerald X20--won't be long now!
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 11-06-2022, 03:56 PM
Charter Member

Tic tock. Looking forward to your pictures and impression of your X20.
Old 11-06-2022, 04:07 PM

Very cool! Congrats, always liked the X20.
Old 11-07-2022, 10:56 PM

Default Doggone UPS teasing me . . .

Delivery date updated to Wednesday 11/9

Sheesh
Old 11-11-2022, 11:58 AM

Default It's here!

My X20 was delivered yesterday. Keep in mind I am a very low skilled player in this group, I am by no means a professional musician. In addition, I have literally never used a looper or any effects with an acoustic. I have played a total of one song at a closing time open mic with another guitar player.

The guitar itself is well crafted, no flaws to speak of. The Hiscox case is very nice, too. No issues or complaints. The neck feels wide and flat and shallow to me. Perhaps that is a little exagerrated by the visual cue of no fret markers or inlays. It's not uncomfortable, just a little different than my Eastman and Taylor. Perfectly serviceable.

The HyVibe: this thing is a game changer! To have a little reverb or chorus on the couch??!! Amazing. The looper will be my favorite part. It's pretty easy to use (reference my experience level) and it keeps your loops stored, so once you get one just right, you can scroll to it later and skip recreating that wheel.

The effects themselves, some won't be used much, like the distortion, which doesn't sound good. But good news is you can use that "slot" to create your own effect by stacking and tweaking the factory ones. So I'll replace the distortion with some effect I blend as I learn the intricacies.

The app makes playing around much easier, and there's something just cool about having your guitar be a BT speaker on the stand.

For now, I am blown away by the HyVibe and I look forward to 1) practicing leads with the looper and 2) creating my own tailored effects.

I'll echo what I've read a lot: this thing is FUN!
Old 11-11-2022, 12:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
My X20 was delivered yesterday. Keep in mind I am a very low skilled player in this group, I am by no means a professional musician. In addition, I have literally never used a looper or any effects with an acoustic. I have played a total of one song at a closing time open mic with another guitar player.

The guitar itself is well crafted, no flaws to speak of. The Hiscox case is very nice, too. No issues or complaints. The neck feels wide and flat and shallow to me. Perhaps that is a little exagerrated by the visual cue of no fret markers or inlays. It's not uncomfortable, just a little different than my Eastman and Taylor. Perfectly serviceable.

The HyVibe: this thing is a game changer! To have a little reverb or chorus on the couch??!! Amazing. The looper will be my favorite part. It's pretty easy to use (reference my experience level) and it keeps your loops stored, so once you get one just right, you can scroll to it later and skip recreating that wheel.

The effects themselves, some won't be used much, like the distortion, which doesn't sound good. But good news is you can use that "slot" to create your own effect by stacking and tweaking the factory ones. So I'll replace the distortion with some effect I blend as I learn the intricacies.

The app makes playing around much easier, and there's something just cool about having your guitar be a BT speaker on the stand.

For now, I am blown away by the HyVibe and I look forward to 1) practicing leads with the looper and 2) creating my own tailored effects.

Sounds like you are having a VERY good day! Congrats on the arrival! Enjoy!
Old 11-12-2022, 06:14 AM

Quote:

Congrats on the X20 and good to hear somebody else with the HyVibe on an Emerald Guitar. I recently received my X7 with HyVibe and love the looper and some of the effects, especially the "Factory Echo". All FX presets can be customized using the HyVibe App. My only complaint is the lack of a charger and the online manual leaves a lot to be desired. That said, I've had mine a couple months now and absolutely love it!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber