The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-16-2000, 03:12 PM

Post Secret Weapon? - Taylor 410MACE

I saw and played a 410MACE at my local Taylor dealer. Very attractive Flame, even if muted by a satin finish. Typical 600 series sound.

Taylor does this often. Special guitars with no notice on website or newsletter. One thing we can do on this forum is keep our eyes out for these specials and let the word out.
Old 09-16-2000, 03:25 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Hey, GRW3! That sounds like a killer guitar, and you're right. Taylor will arbitrarily do stuff like that - make a small run of 400-series guitars with Koa or maple for instance. I know because I used to own both a 1999 model 410KCE and a 1999 model 414KCE. Apparently, they only made a handful or so last year. (Two spectacular sounding guitars that unfortunately had to be sold because of a new vehicle. )

Another thing I've noticed is that special guitars like these often get higher bids on Ebay, so if you ever have to sell it, chances are you'll get your money back out of it.

Let us know where you saw this guitar. Others might be interested. Thanks for the heads up. A 600-series-like guitar for a 400-series price? Yummy! That wont last long.

J.R.
Old 09-17-2000, 01:16 AM

I saw it at Alamo Music (Babcock location) in San Antonio. I still have my 414K

The also had a Jewel, a Kenny Loggins, a Richie Sambora. The KL is very pretty. They had a Dykes for one day but I missed it. I did see the prototype when Doyle Dykes gave a clinic. I saw the Prototye Proctor at his clinic at Mars in Austin.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification