The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-22-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
...but they do not surprise me. I briefly lived in the outskirts of Philadelphia prior to moving to Pittsburgh. "The city of brotherly love" is a complete misnomer.

That being said, Courtier is one helluva player and the "fans" should count their blessings that their star player didn't get dejected and scored all 5 goals. That's something that should have won the game but the Pens found another gear. I can't wait to see who they end up playing next round.
Looks like the Pens will play the winner of the Caps/Blue Jackets series. Tampa Bay will play the winner of the Bruins/Maple Leafs series.

I'm rooting for the Blue Jackets but it would be sweet to see another Pens/Capitals series ... as long as the Pens win that is.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:50 PM

Couturier and Guentzel had great games for their respective teams, but in the end it was the Pens winning the battle of Guentzelvania!!

Next up for the Pens will be either the Caps or the Jackets. Don't care who wins. I only hope that series goes 7 games so Malkin and Haglin have an extra day to recover from their injuries before round 2 begins.

3elieve!!!!

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-23-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Couturier and Guentzel had great games for their respective teams, but in the end it was the Pens winning the battle of Guentzelvania!!

Next up for the Pens will be either the Caps or the Jackets. Don't care who wins. I only hope that series goes 7 games so Malkin and Haglin have an extra day to recover from their injuries before round 2 begins.

3elieve!!!!
Extra rest time would be nice.

I read that the Pens have made the 2nd round of the playoffs 11 of the past 12 years. Wow - that's a great feat.

Getting ready for the puck to drop in 30 minutes for Boston-Toronto!
Old 04-23-2018, 05:54 PM

Thumbs up

Woooooo, Boston is a cycling buzzsaw!
Old 04-23-2018, 06:17 PM

Chara is a 3rd pairing guy. I have to close my eyes every time he steps on the ice.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:45 PM

Leafs beat the Bruins 3-1 to tie the series at 3 games apiece. Game 7 in Boston will determine which team moves onto the second round. Man, when the Bruins took a 3 games to 1 lead I thought the series was over. I expect game 7 to be a real battle.

The Caps beat the Jackets 6-3 to win their series 4 games to 2 and move onto the second round to face the Pens. This will be the third year in a row that the Caps and Pens will play each other in the second round. Both times the series went 7 games and I expect no different this time.

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-24-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Leafs beat the Bruins 3-1 to tie the series at 3 games apiece. Game 7 in Boston will determine which team moves onto the second round. Man, when the Bruins took a 3 games to 1 lead I thought the series was over. I expect game 7 to be a real battle.

The Caps beat the Jackets 6-3 to win their series 4 games to 2 and move onto the second round to face the Pens. This will be the third year in a row that the Caps and Pens will play each other in the second round. Both times the series went 7 games and I expect no different this time.
The Bruins haven't been able to catch a break over the past couple of games. They've had great scoring chances but not only is Anderson playing great hockey he's also been lucky.

Sad about the Blue Jackets, especially when up 2-0 in the series only to lose 4 straight. So, Pens and Caps. I'm sure a lot of people want to watch this series, many who wish it was in the 3rd round though.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:54 AM

The Bruins have outplayed Toronto the last two games. I can't believe that they'll lose this series if they play as well in game 7. But anything can happen. Win or lose, I love game 7's.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:33 PM

I'm going to need therapy if I have to endure another Caps loss to the Pens.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
The Bruins haven't been able to catch a break over the past couple of games. They've had great scoring chances but not only is Anderson playing great hockey he's also been lucky.

Sad about the Blue Jackets, especially when up 2-0 in the series only to lose 4 straight. So, Pens and Caps. I'm sure a lot of people want to watch this series, many who wish it was in the 3rd round though.
A Pens vs Caps second round series almost seems as if it's mandated by NHL by-law; inevitable, fated, predestined...deja vu all over again? Caps have won all but 9 of the 10 times these two teams have met in the playoffs. I'm hoping that trend continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_G View Post
The Bruins have outplayed Toronto the last two games. I can't believe that they'll lose this series if they play as well in game 7. But anything can happen. Win or lose, I love game 7's.
Game 7s are wonderful, and this will be the only one we get to savor in round one!! Go Bruins!!!!!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-24-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_G View Post
Yep. Anderson has been lucky and Bruins have hit some posts.

Bergeron was something like 23/6 on faceoffs last night and the Bruins still could only score 1 goal.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:27 PM

Default Feel the ice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX17609 View Post
I'm going to need therapy if I have to endure another Caps loss to the Pens.
LOL......
Old 04-24-2018, 07:49 PM

Not a Bruins fan, actually I despise them. Go Leafs!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2018, 08:25 AM

Don't really care who wins game 7 but i am interested to see what Patrick Marleau has to offer in this game. When Patrick was a Shark there were times in big games where he would disappear on ice and not really contribute much. His stats for the year 47 points (27 goals, 20 assists) seem very pedestrian.
Tom
E20 OM-SB Eastman
Old 04-25-2018, 03:48 PM

Default Patrick Marleau?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagebrush Tom View Post
there were times in big games where he would disappear on ice .
Tom
And he was younger! This ought to be a Boston tea party

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic