The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-25-2016, 02:38 PM

Default Louder Acoustic?

Hey, I've never performed live acoustic and I'm performing a slow acoustic song for my cousins wedding this summer but I have a base acoustic. How would I get the guitar to be loud enough for everybody to hear? Thanks!
Old 05-25-2016, 02:47 PM

I'm assuming your guitar doesn't have electronics so you can't plug directly into an amp or PA? If not, then a mic at the soundhole or a soundhole pickup is your best bet.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver3ray View Post
Hey, I've never performed live acoustic and I'm performing a slow acoustic song for my cousins wedding this summer but I have a base acoustic. How would I get the guitar to be loud enough for everybody to hear? Thanks!
If you're doing your song in the church, you may not need to be amplified if the acoustics are lively and likely will carry sound well. If your song is to be done at the reception, the band, if any, may be able to accommodate you with their mics?
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 05-26-2016, 11:54 AM

You might want to have a look at this recent thread:

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=384963
Old 05-26-2016, 12:08 PM

Welcome to the forum. Check with the church. Most churches have a PA system and microphones and stands. Just use their equipment and mic the guitar and vocal if needed. Otherwise I would bet that there is an equipment rental place in, or near, your city where you can rent an amp and mic's for a day. If it's a small church you should be fine without amplification. Generally your not trying to over-play a loud din in a church wedding.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:21 PM

If you will be playing in the church and you don't want to amplify the guitar, you should go there with a friend and check out the acoustics. It might be lively enough that you can play un-amplified just fine. Also you may find that you get more volume in one spot than another.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
acoustc guitar, live