The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-28-2021, 07:56 PM
Charter Member

I’ll echo that unplugged it isn’t quite as loud as my RainSong OM and my Furch cedar/rosewood dread. But it is a very balanced tone, easy to sing with and it’s wonderful when amped. They are terrific guitars, but like envy brand and model, it won’t be a perfect fit for everyone.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 04-29-2021, 11:29 AM
Charter Member

Default sable

If you want a guitar for playing outdoor gigs, taking anywhere and not having to worry about the Sables tough to beat.
As you'll have noticed the necks very easy on the hands and if you need it to be it's quite fast, great intonation all the way up the neck.
As others have said it's a quieter guitar, fine playing alone but not great unplugged, if you need to punch through a bunch of acoustic instruments to take a lead it just doesn't project enough. Strumming it's fine.
It's a great all round guitar with a fundamental tone with no overtones, just clean.
I find mine very useful and use it gigging all the time. I did change the pickup and put a Trance Amulet M in it, it's just a pick up I've had a great deal of luck with and it works very well in the sable. Much better tone than the one Mcpherson installed.
I think the Sables' a great work horse guitar , does everything and with a good pick up in it it's plenty good enough for playing out.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber