The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-17-2016, 08:34 AM

splash and bloom

love the description and my HD-28

I just ordered one this morning! I can't wait for it to get here!

enjoy yours - opening the case, the smell of fresh wood, the Martin aura embracing you - oh, yeah - now that's what I call love..

The HD-28V had THE sound I was looking for. You all should try one.

love-forward shifted bracing - gotta try the HD-28V
Old 07-17-2016, 09:01 AM

I recently acquired a near mint HD-28 in a trade that was definitely more in my favor. I had recently sold my D-28 and kind of missed having a Martin dred (other guitar is a J45). My J45 is my #1, but will say it's awesome to have two legendary dreds at my arms reach with the J45 and the HD-28.

I liked the D28 for a lot of things. You could hit that guitar as hard as you wanted and it's tone never changed and it just got louder. Wasn't bad for finger picking, but not the best, and I did find that although it sounded amazing with medium gauge strings, it sounded pretty crummy and weak with lights. I'm guessing with it's straight braces it really needed a heavier string to drive it?

In comparison, the HD-28 is a VERY sensitive and article guitar. Incredibly sweet and detail oriented, and you can hear every nuance in your paying for sure. Incredible guitar for finger picking, but I find it's not the best choice if your a heavy-handed strummer compared to the D-28. I've tried both medium and light gauge strings on the HD-28 and actually prefer the lights (in contrast to referring mediums on the D-28).

I really like the HD-28, and can't see why anyone wouldn't like one of these. It's a classic.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:14 AM

Big fan of the HD-28 great guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
demo, hd-28, martin, strumming