The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 09-24-2018, 01:46 PM
Tony Burns Tony Burns is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Western New York
Posts: 6,451
Default

Yuengling Black & Tan models a traditional English Half & Half. Introduced in 1986, Yuengling produced one of the first hand-crafted draft blends to lead this style of American brewing. Black & Tan combines 60% of our popular Dark Brewed Porter and 40% of our Premium Beer to create a brew that is rich and dark in color with hints of caramel and coffee from the dark roasted malts.

One of my favorites -not pricey , like 10 bucks a 12 pack !
__________________
wood things with strings on them !
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 09-24-2018, 04:34 PM
Johnny K's Avatar
Johnny K Johnny K is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Maryland
Posts: 762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Burns View Post
Yuengling Black & Tan models a traditional English Half & Half. Introduced in 1986, Yuengling produced one of the first hand-crafted draft blends to lead this style of American brewing. Black & Tan combines 60% of our popular Dark Brewed Porter and 40% of our Premium Beer to create a brew that is rich and dark in color with hints of caramel and coffee from the dark roasted malts.

One of my favorites -not pricey , like 10 bucks a 12 pack !
What I like about Yuengling is that their product is just good as Sam Adams and they've been at it way longer. I notice in my area about Yuengling is that it is becoming a very ubiquitous draft beer. It's hard to NOT find a place that has it on tap.

And right now I am enjoying a Dogfish Head 90 min IPA (my last can) and a 21st Admendment Brewing Company (CA) IPA called Brew Free or Die.
__________________
Just another old fart who plays guitar. I got a lot of Seagulls and a Martin. I love them all. Some more than others. Currently training the musicians triathalon; Guitar, Bass & Drums.
My YouTube Page
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 09-24-2018, 09:40 PM
magirus magirus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The County Palatinate, UK
Posts: 128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Burns View Post
Yuengling Black & Tan models a traditional English Half & Half. Introduced in 1986, Yuengling produced one of the first hand-crafted draft blends to lead this style of American brewing. Black & Tan combines 60% of our popular Dark Brewed Porter and 40% of our Premium Beer to create a brew that is rich and dark in color with hints of caramel and coffee from the dark roasted malts.

One of my favorites -not pricey , like 10 bucks a 12 pack !
A black and tan in a pub is usually half Guinness and half bitter, half and half is half bitter and half of lighter ale, often whatever IPA is on draught.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 09-25-2018, 07:16 AM
Johnny K's Avatar
Johnny K Johnny K is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Maryland
Posts: 762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magirus View Post
A black and tan in a pub is usually half Guinness and half bitter, half and half is half bitter and half of lighter ale, often whatever IPA is on draught.
Hmmm...I never thought to make one with an IPA. Last time I did it was Harp and Guinness. I got one of those special spoons to make them. I'm not very good at it.
__________________
Just another old fart who plays guitar. I got a lot of Seagulls and a Martin. I love them all. Some more than others. Currently training the musicians triathalon; Guitar, Bass & Drums.
My YouTube Page
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 09-29-2018, 10:40 AM
RoseAdi RoseAdi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: high up in the Rocky Mountains
Posts: 1,190
Default

A little late to the party but here's a few suggestions: From San Francisco - Anchor Steam and Anchor Porter. And from Oregon - Rogue Dead Guy Ale and their Chocolate Porter.
__________________
"Everyone has a crack. That's how the light gets in". Leonard Cohen
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 09-29-2018, 12:47 PM
1neeto 1neeto is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseAdi View Post
A little late to the party but here's a few suggestions: From San Francisco - Anchor Steam and Anchor Porter. And from Oregon - Rogue Dead Guy Ale and their Chocolate Porter.


All great brews.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 09-30-2018, 11:20 PM
Johnny K's Avatar
Johnny K Johnny K is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Maryland
Posts: 762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseAdi View Post
A little late to the party but here's a few suggestions: From San Francisco - Anchor Steam and Anchor Porter. And from Oregon - Rogue Dead Guy Ale and their Chocolate Porter.
Love Dead Guy. My local has bombers in the cold case with the 40's
__________________
Just another old fart who plays guitar. I got a lot of Seagulls and a Martin. I love them all. Some more than others. Currently training the musicians triathalon; Guitar, Bass & Drums.
My YouTube Page
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=