The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 07-16-2023, 08:47 AM
Charter Member

Smile Plaid!!!

Boss Woolson!

Not many Plaid guitars out there, and of course this will sound fantastic, too!

Sorry we can’t come this year, maybe next…. Fingers crossed

Everyone have a Blast

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 07-16-2023, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Boss Woolson!

Not many Plaid guitars out there, and of course this will sound fantastic, too!

Sorry we can’t come this year, maybe next…. Fingers crossed

Everyone have a Blast

Paul
Thanks Paul, Mr. Woolson is being beyond generous here for sure. If this does not get you back to B.I.G., I don't know what more I can do LOL. I hope the chance (a good chance)to win this guitar will entice a few more folks to join us.

I really don't know how to make the show any better, seriously, now 14 world class builders, 4 of the best guitar players in the world including the King of Celtic music and a Nashville recording artist who has won many National and International competitions, and F&T, two the the nicest guys you could hope to meet who are phenomenal together. Expanded from two days to three by request, food, drinks all provided with admission.
Old 07-16-2023, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Thanks Paul, Mr. Woolson is being beyond generous here for sure. If this does not get you back to B.I.G., I don't know what more I can do LOL. I hope the chance (a good chance)to win this guitar will entice a few more folks to join us.

I really don't know how to make the show any better, seriously, now 14 world class builders, 4 of the best guitar players in the world including the King of Celtic music and a Nashville recording artist who has won many National and International competitions, and F&T, two the the nicest guys you could hope to meet who are phenomenal together. Expanded from two days to three by request, food, drinks all provided with admission.
I don't think any of us are faulting you Tom, it sounds ***awesome***. I don't think I can make it this year due to work again, but I can assure you I'd absolutely love to be there if I could. The pictures each year just keep getting better and I feel more pangs of envy each year at the attendees.
Old 07-17-2023, 06:05 AM

Looking at hotels and flights today. Hopefully will get to sign up for BIG tonight.
Old 07-17-2023, 07:51 AM
AGF Sponsor

That is an amazing guitar that Paul is donating. Beautifully designed and executed and one of the more unique instruments out there. I honestly thought it could be more of an investment than an expense. Do you have to be present to win?
Old 07-17-2023, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiliconValleySJ View Post
I don't think any of us are faulting you Tom, it sounds ***awesome***. I don't think I can make it this year due to work again, but I can assure you I'd absolutely love to be there if I could. The pictures each year just keep getting better and I feel more pangs of envy each year at the attendees.
Thanks for the kind words, it is a great time. I pick the holiday weekend as it fits in before Woodstock and most people have the time off of work already, but for others it does not work out as they have vacation plans that weekend. Tough to find the perfect time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2y View Post
Looking at hotels and flights today. Hopefully will get to sign up for BIG tonight.
Sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j. Kinnaird View Post
That is an amazing guitar that Paul is donating. Beautifully designed and executed and one of the more unique instruments out there. I honestly thought it could be more of an investment than an expense. Do you have to be present to win?
It is amazing thanks for your kind words. I am sure Paul will be pleased to see them. I was dumbstruck when he offered this guitar. Yes, you need to be present to buy a ticket or win. No raffles allowed on the AGF, this is meant to be an announcement of another "event" at B.I.G. and also a perk for those who make it to the show. That is why the odds are so good really!

I encourage anyone interested in winning this guitar to contact me and there will be no rule against buying multiple tickets to make the odds even better.
Old 07-17-2023, 03:16 PM
Charter Member

Wow--this is totally cool!

I really enjoyed talking with Paul last year and playing his wonderful guitars.
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 07-19-2023, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
Wow--this is totally cool!

I really enjoyed talking with Paul last year and playing his wonderful guitars.
I agree, way cool! Paul is one of those guys you are just glad you had a chance to meet. You walk away thinking, I am a better person for knowing that guy!

This guitar is special and someone will be a very happy person when their name is pulled from the hat.
Old 07-19-2023, 05:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I agree, way cool! Paul is one of those guys you are just glad you had a chance to meet. You walk away thinking, I am a better person for knowing that guy!

This guitar is special and someone will be a very happy person when their name is pulled from the hat.
Is the donated guitar one of his Doubletops? I am curious to try that out. Having picked up a double top / double back classical that really works for me I'm curious to see what a Doubletop in steel string turns out.
Old 07-19-2023, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
Is the donated guitar one of his Doubletops? I am curious to try that out. Having picked up a double top / double back classical that really works for me I'm curious to see what a Doubletop in steel string turns out.
Yes sir, it is a double top sitka top. I purchased one last year and I think it adds a lot of sustain and clarity at least in the one that stayed here last year.
Old 07-20-2023, 11:05 AM
Charter Member

Default Test balloon

Hi everyone,
I am just booking flights and before choosing where to stay I’d like to ask:
For those who have booked sth already and are interested in spending breakfast and/or dinners/nightcups with fellow attendees..
..where do you stay so I could check if there’s vacancy for a long shot like myself ?

Thanks for info or recommendations..

Looking forward to seeing y’all (again)
Klaus

Last edited by Lonzo; 07-20-2023 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-20-2023, 07:06 PM

I booked the hotel at the New Hampton in Schertz. Will play with the flight soon.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Old 07-20-2023, 07:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Yes sir, it is a double top sitka top. I purchased one last year and I think it adds a lot of sustain and clarity at least in the one that stayed here last year.
Congrats on another great guitar for your collection. I am excited to hear it and see it. My classical has far more volume dynamic range and sustain than I had expected. It also has beautiful clarity on the single notes.
Old 08-08-2023, 06:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2y View Post
I booked the hotel at the New Hampton in Schertz. Will play with the flight soon.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Sam, I booked the same hotel, woohoo! See you there!
Old 08-08-2023, 07:28 PM
AGF Sponsor

We just booked the Fairfield Inn in Schertz. I think that was the original host hotel.
Right next door to the Hampton—no doubt we can wave at each other!
Or carpool?

Steve

Crafted in the Piney Woods

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop