The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 10-09-2018, 06:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor B. View Post
That's a relief (lol).

BTW - You're very welcome re: comments and support.
I'm curious about your choice of video software if you don't mind my asking? Your videos are really clear and well edited. I'm a mac guy so seriously thinking about acquiring Final Cut Pro. The audio sync feature strikes me as a major consideration. Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Trevor,

I use a Dell PC for recording and video editing. The audio recording program I use is Steinberg Cubase and the video program is Adobe Premier Elements. This video tells a 15-minute story of how I do a recording and do the video editing, though as I noted, it's based around the PC rather than around the Mac.

I hope this might be a little helpful!

- Glenn
Old 10-10-2018, 07:29 AM

Hello Glenn,
Thank you very much for the link to your recording and video editing tutorial. You did a great job and the video will be much more than a little helpful. Although my gear and programs are different there is enough common ground for your video to be a very helpful resource going forward.
Thanks again for your generous posts and wonderful music videos.

Trevor
Old 10-10-2018, 08:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor B. View Post
Hello Glenn,
Thank you very much for the link to your recording and video editing tutorial. You did a great job and the video will be much more than a little helpful. Although my gear and programs are different there is enough common ground for your video to be a very helpful resource going forward.
Thanks again for your generous posts and wonderful music videos.

Trevor
You're welcome -- I'm glad the tutorial might be helpful!

- Glenn
Old 10-12-2018, 05:29 AM
Charter Member

I don't know how I managed to miss this, but I'm glad I saw it... awesome, Glenn! That was just fantastic. Great tune and a superb job! Sing, play rhythm, play lead... you can do it all!

I do remember the words were taken from Ecclesiastes... just beautiful lyrics. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
I don't know how I managed to miss this, but I'm glad I saw it... awesome, Glenn! That was just fantastic. Great tune and a superb job! Sing, play rhythm, play lead... you can do it all!

I do remember the words were taken from Ecclesiastes... just beautiful lyrics. Thanks for sharing.
Hi Kerbie!

How wonderful to hear from you! I'm glad you feel this came out okay! Thank you very much for the kind words and support!

I do think the lyrics to the song give it staying power!

- Glenn
Old 10-12-2018, 04:18 PM
*mahoganut*

Hi Glenn - I'll just sound like an echo of all the other posts if I start, so I'll just say "thanks!" and great recording, once again.

Still amused (amazed?) at the long list of songs we mutually enjoy!!

Best,

Phil
Old 10-12-2018, 05:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riorider View Post
Hi Glenn - I'll just sound like an echo of all the other posts if I start, so I'll just say "thanks!" and great recording, once again.

Still amused (amazed?) at the long list of songs we mutually enjoy!!

Best,

Phil
Hi Phil,

Thank you! It's terrific to hear from you and to know that you liked this performance! Thank you for your vote of confidence!

Regarding the songs we like, we are probably of a similar age, and songs like "Turn, Turn, Turn" were pretty emblematic of that time in 1967 when the Byrds released this song. The song is so familiar, it's almost like a road map to the late 60s. So it was certainly an honor to be able to do this song.

Hope you are well, Phil! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

- Glenn
Old 10-13-2018, 07:29 AM

I have enjoyed many of your videos. This visual/audio production of Turn, Turn, Turn was very moving (right place right time). It brought back memories and also was inspiring. Encourages me to do some long neglected recording. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westview View Post
I have enjoyed many of your videos. This visual/audio production of Turn, Turn, Turn was very moving (right place right time). It brought back memories and also was inspiring. Encourages me to do some long neglected recording. Keep up the good work.
Hi Westview!

Thank you! Thanks so much for the kind and encouraging words! I'm so glad that this video performance worked well for you, that you were inspired, and that it brought back memories.

And if my making a video like this has inspired you to try your hand at recording, that, too, is a good thing!

Best wishes to you!

- Glenn
Old 10-15-2018, 09:27 AM
AGF Administrator

Beautiful interpretation, Glenn. I enjoyed this.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Beautiful interpretation, Glenn. I enjoyed this.
Thanks so much Jeremy! I'm very pleased that you like this!

How nice to hear from you! I hope you and your family are doing well!

- Glenn
Old 10-23-2018, 03:53 PM

You are a class act! Thank-you! Well done Glenn! If you were in high school in the mid sixties, it means you are at least in your mid sixties. I don't mean to insinuate age as a limiting factor in general, but even not knowing that, you are great, one of the best I've seen here!
Old 10-23-2018, 06:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Shepherd View Post
You are a class act! Thank-you! Well done Glenn! If you were in high school in the mid sixties, it means you are at least in your mid sixties. I don't mean to insinuate age as a limiting factor in general, but even not knowing that, you are great, one of the best I've seen here!
Thank you Rick! I'm so glad you had time to watch this and that you enjoyed it!

In 1965 I was a junior in high school, 17 years old, born in 1948. So this year I turned age 70. Time flies for sure!!!

I appreciate you thoughts Rick and thank you very much for the kind words!

- Glenn
Old 10-23-2018, 06:40 PM

Beautiful. So many great details in this in both guitar and vocal parts. Turn, Turn, Turn has always meant a lot to me. The Byrds' recording is burned in my mind. Your performance is so natural and skilled that if someone wasn't familiar with the song's origin they could easily think you wrote it. [edit]...and I mean that in a good way.

Last edited by Timothy Lawler; 10-23-2018 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Lawler View Post
Beautiful. So many great details in this in both guitar and vocal parts. Turn, Turn, Turn has always meant a lot to me. The Byrds' recording is burned in my mind. Your performance is so natural and skilled that if someone wasn't familiar with the song's origin they could easily think you wrote it. [edit]...and I mean that in a good way.
Thank you for the very generous and kind words, Timothy!

I must say that I have been playing this song for so long that it does feel very natural to me, almost as if I did write the song, but of course, I didn't!

I appreciate your comments very much, Timothy! I'm so glad you enjoyed this song. The song means a lot to me, too!

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell