The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-25-2018, 07:48 PM
Charter Member

Now just a darn minute, you two. Being nice has been my thing... if you two are going to usurp that, where does that leave sweet little ol' me? There's a limit to how nice and for how long I can manage... the X10 has really helped with that.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:20 AM
Guest 928

Captain, Captain, slow down there. You sound a little cranky this morning. Get a cup of coffee, grab the 10, and play. Kramster and I will help you manage and maintain your niceness.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:46 AM

Managing and maintaining here
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-26-2018, 02:53 PM
Charter Member

Cranky? Moi? I've been thinking of changing my name here to Captain Nicey-Nice. I'm a little ray of sunshine. Oh, and I don't drink coffee... but I do have an Emerald mug of hot cocoa every morning (helps top off my sweetness).
Old 10-26-2018, 03:06 PM
Guest 928

Guitarweb;

Excuse us for digressing a bit while calming down the Captain--he's pretty excitable.

To get back to the question of purchasing a CF guitar. I don't think you can go wrong with Blackbird, Emerald, Rainsong, or CA/Peavey--each company is making stellar guitars. A number of us have become fans of Emerald, in part because Alistair will make us what we want. His guitar IQ and player-driven approach are producing some killer guitars.

Keep us posted on what you are deciding--we are living vicariously through you.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:55 PM
Charter Member

I don't know....Captain Cranky has a nicer ring to it than Nicey - nice. :-)
Old 10-26-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
I don't know....Captain Cranky has a nicer ring to it than Nicey - nice. :-)
Hope I am never Kranky Kramster ...how can I be with CF guitars in me humble and shy and quiet life. Hope this pertains.
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-26-2018, 06:38 PM
Guest 928

Oh! There's a pair there: Cranky Captain and Kranky Kramster. There's a song there somewhere.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:23 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for all the chuckles there ! In all the time I spend on this forum, I don't think I have ever seen anybody exhibit cranky behavior, well maybe there was one, but I forget that one, and he wasn't around long. Life's too short to act like that. I played my X20 today outside in the 75 degree weather, all was good for that time. And I had Quiche for lunch.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
I played my X20 today outside in the 75 degree weather, all was good for that time. And I had Quiche for lunch.

You da Quiche eaten' X20 playing kinda person we like ...I was actually playing my trusty OX and then some Pianoteq software on my keyboard set up.. getting a good piano sound is quite the journey (I should play my Journey too now that I mention it) .... life is musically good.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:27 PM
Charter Member

I have to say this recent set of posts is enlightening .... Now I would like to meet some of you in person! Not likely unless I you are coming to Alaska ...... but then I do get to the lower 48 frequently so .... who knows, but I certainly do appreciate the wonderful input received thus far .... Kevin and I continue to talk about what the instrument I’ll order will look like and include and I certainly expect everyone will live vicariously through this and swoon when I finally get it built and post pics (quite a bit down the road at this point)
Custom Emerald X20-12 guitar
Old 10-28-2018, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarwebguy View Post
(quite a bit down the road at this point)
It's a good road paved with fun and lined with fine instruments.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:30 AM
Charter Member

I have a custom x20-12 and love it. Mine is featured on Emeralds site in their custom porfolio....its the one with the Ziricote veneer. Such a beautiful sound...for me its actually kind of difficult to describe the sound, I feel it is unique.

Have fun...

Todd in Chicago
Old 10-28-2018, 08:28 AM

Wow that is fine looking
Old 10-28-2018, 07:04 PM
Charter Member

Todd, If you don’t mind me asking what (besides the Ziricote veneer) did you choose? THe Ziricote is interesting to see as a veneer, one of my Breedlove 12’s has Ziricote sides and back, and I love how the sound and look ....
Custom Emerald X20-12 guitar

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber