The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-16-2021, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
The SD-1 should pair well with your Peavey. If you want to add a little breakup with great tone to your amp put the pedal's gain low and the volume high.

Thanks for the tip, will definitely try that!
Old 04-17-2021, 06:50 PM

New pedal day! The GAS is strong. Yet not much time to play

Old 04-18-2021, 05:53 AM

Great pedals! I've had a TU-2 on my pedalboard for over 10 years and I use it as a mute switch as often as I use it as a tuner. I also have the full size tube screamer, albeit the TS9DX.

I'm not familiar with the Vox. Is it a digital pedal (is that an LCD display on it?)?
Old 04-19-2021, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Great pedals! I've had a TU-2 on my pedalboard for over 10 years and I use it as a mute switch as often as I use it as a tuner. I also have the full size tube screamer, albeit the TS9DX.

I'm not familiar with the Vox. Is it a digital pedal (is that an LCD display on it?)?

Vox says “valve distortion pedal, with all-analogue signal path”. It has a tiny tube inside. Didn’t get to play with it much yet, but it’s a high gain pedal. The TU-3 is neat, it was on sale for $90. There was one that came with a daisy chain to power other pedals (it has a 9v out to power other pedals), but that one was out of stock.

And because the GAS is strong, that same guy also sold me a Rocktron chorus pedal, and a voodoo lab power brick yesterday. Wife can’t roll her eyes far enough. So in the space of a week, I got me a guitar, an amp, four pedals, and a pedal power brick. [emoji51]
Old 04-20-2021, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
And because the GAS is strong, that same guy also sold me a Rocktron chorus pedal, and a voodoo lab power brick yesterday. Wife can’t roll her eyes far enough. So in the space of a week, I got me a guitar, an amp, four pedals, and a pedal power brick. [emoji51]
Wait till she sees the bill for the pedal board and patch cables you will need next!!!😂😹😂🎶🎸
Old 04-21-2021, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
Wait till she sees the bill for the pedal board and patch cables you will need next!!![emoji23][emoji81][emoji23][emoji445][emoji450]

Oh yes those were “phantom expenses”. Just the pedal flat patch connectors were $7 each. And yes I need a pedal board now. Three more pedals to go and I’ll be satisfied. I need a compressor, a delay, and a phaser. Famous last words. [emoji23]

Old 04-21-2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Oh yes those were “phantom expenses”. Just the pedal flat patch connectors were $7 each. And yes I need a pedal board now. Three more pedals to go and I’ll be satisfied. I need a compressor, a delay, and a phaser. Famous last words. [emoji23]

Just wonderful. Here is some unwanted advice...whatever size pedal board you are considering, buy the next size bigger. No kidding😂
You rig just keep getting better and better. Did you say you were in central NJ? I want to come over and play. Bahahahaha!
Old 04-21-2021, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
Just wonderful. Here is some unwanted advice...whatever size pedal board you are considering, buy the next size bigger. No kidding[emoji23]
You rig just keep getting better and better. Did you say you were in central NJ? I want to come over and play. Bahahahaha!

Oh yes what else? I need 90 degree instrument cables too. I’m a bit further than NJ, About a whole continent, and an ocean away. [emoji23] [emoji2101]
Old 04-21-2021, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Oh yes what else? I need 90 degree instrument cables too. I’m a bit further than NJ, About a whole continent, and an ocean away. [emoji23] [emoji2101]
Oh nooooo.....i will never get to play that forged by fire Peavey Classic 30🙀
Old 04-22-2021, 03:01 PM

You've got a great start to you pedal board! Pedals will come and go as you decide what you like. It's part of the fun and cheaper than buying new guitars and amps. You'll also find that some pedals sound better with some guitars and some amps.
Old 04-22-2021, 06:28 PM

Quote:
You've got a great start to you pedal board! Pedals will come and go as you decide what you like. It's part of the fun and cheaper than buying new guitars and amps. You'll also find that some pedals sound better with some guitars and some amps.

That orange thing is not a Boss DS-1, but a Boss MD-2. One of the first pedals I bought because it’s supposed to heavy metal or something. No matter which amp I used it on, it sounded like crap. And then I put it in front of this and it sounds quite decent. Still a bit noisy though. Sometimes all a pedal needs is the right amp. [emoji6]
Old 04-23-2021, 12:51 AM

Oh look, another one joined the family. [emoji51]
Old 04-23-2021, 01:44 PM

Quote:
That orange thing is not a Boss DS-1, but a Boss MD-2. One of the first pedals I bought because it’s supposed to heavy metal or something. No matter which amp I used it on, it sounded like crap. And then I put it in front of this and it sounds quite decent. Still a bit noisy though. Sometimes all a pedal needs is the right amp. [emoji6]
I know what you mean. I bought a new Boss Turbo Distortion back in '89. I had no idea what I was buying but I wanted a distortion pedal. Never liked it. Still have it with the original box/packaging. I should give it another chance but I prefer the use the amp's distortion and then use an OD pedal to dial it in. Perhaps I should put it in front of one of my amps that does not have a lot of gain, like the Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue.
Old 04-23-2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:
I know what you mean. I bought a new Boss Turbo Distortion back in '89. I had no idea what I was buying but I wanted a distortion pedal. Never liked it. Still have it with the original box/packaging. I should give it another chance but I prefer the use the amp's distortion and then use an OD pedal to dial it in. Perhaps I should put it in front of one of my amps that does not have a lot of gain, like the Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue.

I’m still experimenting with the pedal chain, and how to use the amp’s distortion which is not too distorted until you get past 3 o clock. Can’t wait for the weekend because it’s actually open for me. Maybe I’ll be able to crank the volume past 2 this time. [emoji23]
Old 04-26-2021, 09:32 PM

This might as well become Juanito’s GAS thread. [emoji1787]

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars