The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-25-2021, 06:44 PM

Default Bose T4S Options

Hi, I'm looking for a small mixer, similar to the Bose T4S, that is less expensive. This mixer has all the features I'm looking for, but the price is too steep for my budget.

I need 2 channels, with decent EQ and effects, and I need it to be able to act as an audio interface. The EAE Gigmix looks good but doesn't have the audio interface feature.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.
Old 04-25-2021, 09:36 PM
Charter Member

Bose T1 is pretty nice, and cheaper - just have to keep your eyes open -
Old 04-26-2021, 11:50 AM
Charter Member

Although discontinued, the Bose T1 Tonematch is a REALLY great little mixer/effects/preset gizmo! If you can find a used one in great shape, it shouldn't be too spendy. Be sure to get the Bose connecting cable (if you're using a Bose PA) and/or the AC adaptor if you're not; I'd look hard for one of the AC adaptors, not matter what, as it will be necessary to connect with any system that doesn't use that specific "Tonematch" cable!

I really can't say enough about the T1 with my Bose L1 Model II pa... it does FAR more than I really need for 6 and 12 string acoustic guitar and vocals...

I'd be wary of buying any used T1 that isn't extremely clean, however...

"The Cape" (Guy Clark/Jim Janowsky/Susanna Clark)
Old 04-30-2021, 03:24 PM

Default Bose T1

I have a mint Bose T1 and electrical cord that is just sitting in my closet.
I use to record with it at home. It is an excellent tool. I will sell it to you if you want it. $150.00 which includes shipping. If interested email me at [email protected].
Old 05-06-2021, 08:54 PM
Charter Member

I just got in a Bose T4s - goodness, this is one slick compact mixer. I've been using a Bose L1c for over a decade now. Early on, I bought a Fishman Loudbox Mini to use for more EQ and effects, then a line out to the L1c. I thought the T1 was over-priced back then, and the LBM gave me another small amp option.

I will have a Yamaha MG12XUK and a Behringer XR-12 X-Air for sale soon. This T4s is enough for me for channels, and a smaller footprint.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
I just got in a Bose T4s - goodness, this is one slick compact mixer....
Can you tell me what kind of pickup you have in your guitar? I've toyed with the T1 through my Compact and never gotten much of an improvement with my Martin GPRS1, which has great natural tone but the lame Sonitone for amplfication. I should probably bite the bullet and upgrade that.

The pre-set, custom EQ'd list of Martin guitars is pretty thin in my T1 but I don't know if that's been expanded in the T4S, or if there are more available for download.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:52 AM

is Behringer X AIR XR12 small enough?

Mackie Pro DX?

Soundcraft Notepad-8FX?

behringer flow 8?
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/

Last edited by Cuki79; 05-07-2021 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-07-2021, 05:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
Can you tell me what kind of pickup you have in your guitar? I've toyed with the T1 through my Compact and never gotten much of an improvement with my Martin GPRS1, which has great natural tone but the lame Sonitone for amplfication. I should probably bite the bullet and upgrade that.

The pre-set, custom EQ'd list of Martin guitars is pretty thin in my T1 but I don't know if that's been expanded in the T4S, or if there are more available for download.
Hi Chriscom,

None of my guitars have the same pickup. I did use the Martin D28 for the Tonematch®, but tweaked the EQ on it to where it pleases my ear. The acoustic guitar I am playing the most these days is an Emerald X20 with an LR Baggs Element. But, it also sounds very nice with my X7 with a B-Band pickup, the the X10 with the factory Level 2 pickups.

For grins, I ran the Epi SG with a Fender Mustang Micro into the T4s, using the Les Paul Tonematch® - I didn't have to tweak anything, but the Fluence pickups on the SG have a lot of tone options. Interesting to hear the L1c sound like a Twin Reverb or a Marshall... certainly not the way that PA has been used in the past.

Same with running it through an S1 Pro - very pleased with the results. The T4s is pretty intuitive (but I did watch some videos).
Old 05-07-2021, 11:35 PM
Charter Member

Thanks much for that detailed and helpful answer, I appreciate it. By chance I was playing guitars with friends tonight, and plugged that GPRS1 into a buddy's Fishman Loudbox Mini--and it didn't sound half-bad. Either the beer dulled my senses or I can get better results with the equipment I already have, particularly the T1 Tonematch + Compact. Gonna experiment some more.
Old 07-10-2021, 05:45 PM

Any chance you could share your T1 settings for your Martin D28? TIA

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification