The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 04-22-2021, 06:11 AM
Charter Member

Default Performing Virtually - Since We Have To

OK, so if we want to perform, we need to learn how to work in the virtual environment. For me, I find singing and playing to my laptop far more stressful than performing for a live audience.

Can anyone actually hear me?

Will my ISP mess with my stream?

What's my wife trying to move around upstairs?

What's that dog barking about out side?

Is this lighting working?

I found that certain guitars don't transmit well through the internet. I needed a different microphone and consequently a new microphone stand.

Yeah, for most of my life, virtual performance, would not have been possible. Perhaps, I should express some gratitude to technology. But still, I want to play for a living, breathing, watching, and listening, humans in the same space.

Possibly, you attended the virtual open mic, last night. You heard my performance. Yeah, it was OK, but not close to the quality of my live performances.

You're right. I didn't have to drive anywhere, find a place to park, or purchase a drink, that I really didn't want. Maybe I am looking for the discomfort of not being in my own home.

Please share your likes, dislikes, and advice, concerning virtual performances. I will keep rehearsing and practicing for virtual performances.

Last edited by Kerbie; 04-23-2021 at 02:12 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write