The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-21-2022, 03:32 PM

Default Fender Acoustic 100 vs Acoustic Junior?

Hello, I haven't been able to find any comparison between the Acoustic 100 and the Acoustic junior, what would be your preference sound wise? I am debating myself between purchasing the Acoustic 100 or the Acoustic Junior Go, they are at the same price range and the Junior Go has the advantage of being battery powered + having the looper which makes it attractive however sound quality is my main criteria (for acoustic guitar and vocals). Any thoughts? No need to bring up other amps as I have already made my research for my particular use case and those 2 are the ones at the top of my list. Thanks folks!
Old 09-23-2022, 12:20 PM

I have the "non" GO Jr.

I think it sounds really good. I have an older acoustasonic JR The early 2000s the dual 5" woofers and a piezo version.

I think the newer Acoustasonic JR. sounds MILES better. I've no experience with the wooden cabinet 100.

I would think the difference besides the form factor for the 100 would be negligible sound wise since it looks like a very similar if not the same amp on the inside. Looks like BOTH have a full range 8" Speaker.

it's not that much heavier tho. 17lbs vs 15...

The JR is feather light (The one I have anyway with no battery) and is surprisingly powerful

I brought it one day to use in a huge roman catholic church at a service I was playing, and it was heard well enough in the back of that building.

I've even used it with good results with a Godin KING PIN II, I was going for a more "jazz" kind of sound, clean of course..

The onboard effects to my ears sound really good too.

You will have to spring for the pedal to use the looper so that will add some cost obviously.

if you're looking for something easy to move and sounds pretty darn good, AND if you really want the battery setup, I think the GO will be a fine choice

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Taylor 814CE Deluxe V-Class
Guild F1512
Alvarez DY74 Snowflake ('78)

Last edited by rmp; 09-23-2022 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-21-2023, 12:25 PM

Anybody have another opinion on this thread. I’m trying to decide which amp to buy as well.
Old 03-21-2023, 05:43 PM
Charter Member

I just sold my Fender Acoustic Junior, but the wired one.

I had the footswitch, which is good for the looper, perhaps really needed.

The sound? Awesome. These are a bargain, and I think they sound better than the Fishman Loudbox Mini. Great effects. Great volume. My son and I did a friends birthday party gig with a pair of them. Plenty of power too, and the vocals sound nice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 615D57CA-FDCC-4091-8FB5-93F3F2136854.jpg (41.7 KB, 72 views)

Last edited by SalFromChatham; 03-21-2023 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-28-2023, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalFromChatham View Post
I just sold my Fender Acoustic Junior, but the wired one.

I had the footswitch, which is good for the looper, perhaps really needed.

The sound? Awesome. These are a bargain, and I think they sound better than the Fishman Loudbox Mini. Great effects. Great volume. My son and I did a friends birthday party gig with a pair of them. Plenty of power too, and the vocals sound nice.
Did you find the Looper had a delay when using it. Just got the amp but don't have the foot switch but in my testing its seems to have maybe a 1second delay and a clicking sound when it restarts the track.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification