The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-16-2022, 03:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
If I’m not very much mistaken, they are a pretty good match for this one:

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...10&postcount=1
What a memory, David.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2guitar_eh View Post
Hmmm....seems like Santa thinks RP has been a good boy��
I've also been very busy, with Santa's help, selling guitars and other worldly possessions. Interesting fact, although the X20 and Amicus are shipping simultaneously, I ordered them a couple of months apart as I sold other things. Another fun fact, the Emerald photography staff misidentified the X20 as Quilted Maple, and I had to write to Kevin to point that out. I ordered it without electronics, and the production crew mistakenly installed electronics which they then gave me for free rather than start over after three months...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C-X20-12-Pommelle-Bosse-Npu-7746-2.jpg (42.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg C-X20-Qm-VA-Ele-8401-1-1026x1536-2.jpg (56.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 8498-Large-1026x1536.jpg (46.6 KB, 41 views)
Martin 000-15sm

Last edited by RP; 12-16-2022 at 03:22 PM.
Old 12-16-2022, 03:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
What a memory, David.
Pomelle Boss was my clue!
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 12-16-2022, 03:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
Pomelle Boss was my clue!
I may be the only Emerald customer who's ever ordered Pmelle Bosse. I came upon it when I was 3D building my X20-12, and I didn't like their selection of Quilted Maple at the time. They had ample Pomelle Bosse, I ordered it and the rest is history...
Martin 000-15sm
Old 12-16-2022, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I ordered it without electronics, and the production crew mistakenly installed electronics which they then gave me for free rather than start over after three months...
Congrats on the beautiful set.

The same thing happened with my X7 nylon. Except that I only discovered it after the guitar had arrived.
Makes one wonder how often they ship out free electronics.
Rainsong Smokey SMH
Outdoor Guitalele
Taylor 522e 12-fret ✝
Gitane DG-560 nylon ✝
Alhambra 3C CW
Eastman AR910CE
Recording King RM-991 tricone resonator
Recording King RK-G25 6-string banjo
Thomann Irish Bouzouki M1089
Old 12-16-2022, 03:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
Congrats on the beautiful set.

The same thing happened with my X7 nylon. Except that I only discovered it after the guitar had arrived.
Makes one wonder how often they ship out free electronics.
At least twice that I know of...
Martin 000-15sm
Old 12-16-2022, 03:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
At least twice that I know of...
Sadly, all three of mine were made in the days when they got it right - which is a shame, because I now wish I had pickups in at least two of them.

Not that a retrofit is impossible, of course, but factory install would have been preferable.
Cordoba Stage

Old 12-16-2022, 04:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I may be the only Emerald customer who's ever ordered Pmelle Bosse. I came upon it when I was 3D building my X20-12, and I didn't like their selection of Quilted Maple at the time. They had ample Pomelle Bosse, I ordered it and the rest is history...
I am going back and forth on my final veneer selection for my new burst colored x20 and a Pomelle Boss is one of the finalists.

Congratulations RP they look great. Hopefully it was a pickup you actually like.
Old 12-16-2022, 04:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
What a memory, David.

I've also been very busy, with Santa's help, selling guitars and other worldly possessions. Interesting fact, although the X20 and Amicus are shipping simultaneously, I ordered them a couple of months apart as I sold other things. Another fun fact, the Emerald photography staff misidentified the X20 as Quilted Maple, and I had to write to Kevin to point that out. I ordered it without electronics, and the production crew mistakenly installed electronics which they then gave me for free rather than start over after three months...
A lovely looking set! Merry Christmas to you!

Just for curiosity's sake: did you do that whole "being good thing" to get these lovely guitars? I've never tried that, as I seem to have a permanent place on the Naughty List. Looking at those beauties, it might be worth a try. Probably a bit late for this yeah, huh?

Excited for you! I enjoy NGD posts here!
Old 12-16-2022, 05:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
A lovely looking set! Merry Christmas to you!

Just for curiosity's sake: did you do that whole "being good thing" to get these lovely guitars? I've never tried that, as I seem to have a permanent place on the Naughty List. Looking at those beauties, it might be worth a try. Probably a bit late for this yeah, huh?
I'm 72, live alone and a cross between an introvert and a curmudgeon so "being good" is a very relative notion. What I did do in the course of several months was lower my blood sugar from 497 to 110 and my A1C from 15 to 6.4 so I'll count that as being good....
Martin 000-15sm

Last edited by RP; 12-17-2022 at 07:07 AM.
Old 12-16-2022, 05:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I'm 72, live alone and a cross between an introvert and a curmudgeon so "being good" is a very relative notion. What I did do in the course of several months was lower my blood sugar from 497 to 110 and my A1C from 15 to 6.4 so I'll count that as being good....
That’s tremendous, Randy. I’d say you are well deserving of such a treat - enjoy in (continued) good health!
Cordoba Stage

Old 12-16-2022, 07:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Wow! That is spectacular! Better than good, you are my new hero. At my last Dr follow-up, the Dr noted that my blood sugar was up. I thought I was doing good, by lowering the blood sugar about 60 points in a month. I was well into the pre-diabetic numbers and now getting to "normal." That may be the first time anyone has called me "near normal."

A pill, more exercise, and mostly better eating. My wife is a great cook, and she has made a major change in how she cooks. Some of the early dishes resembled "sawdust" (her description), but we are both learning how to cook healthier. I didn't consider myself overweight (under-tall, perhaps?), but I've lost a few pounds in the process.

No guitars to reward my progress, as I am officially out of case storage space; and wall space, since some guitars have to live in their case. But, it sure is fun to see these shipping videos, especially when one of our own here is featured!

You are to be congratulated on your guitars, but even more on making those HUGE strides to better health.
Old 12-16-2022, 08:23 PM
Charter Member

Thanks David and Captain Jim. I really didn't think of the guitars as rewards for improved blood sugar numbers; good health and perhaps a bit more longevity was my reward for the improved numbers. I only thought of them when the question was posed, "Had I been a good boy?" In my mind they really had nothing to do with each other, partially because of the lag time for ordering an Emerald and the time lapse between my diabetes diagnosis in July and my A1C reading on 11/11. My daily blood sugar readings came down nicely to 118 by August 9th after a high of 497 in July. I'm currently heating "normal" food, and my daily reading is generally around 115...
Martin 000-15sm

Last edited by RP; 12-17-2022 at 07:09 AM.
Old 12-17-2022, 08:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Thanks David and Captain Jim. I really didn't think of the guitars as rewards for improved blood sugar numbers; good health and perhaps a bit more longevity was my reward for the improved numbers. I only thought of them when the question was posed, "Had I been a good boy?" In my mind they really had nothing to do with each other, partially because of the lag time for ordering an Emerald and the time lapse between my diabetes diagnosis in July and my A1C reading on 11/11. My daily blood sugar readings came down nicely to 118 by August 9th after a high of 497 in July. I'm currently heating "normal" food, and my daily reading is generally around 115...
That 497 number is startling. I thought 300 was a "go directly to the hospital, do not pass GO" kinda number. Good for you, good for your heath, keep you around for more years of guitar playing!
Old 12-17-2022, 10:41 AM

WOW!! Those are all stunning!! Congratulations RP!!!
Old 12-17-2022, 11:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
That 497 number is startling. I thought 300 was a "go directly to the hospital, do not pass GO" kinda number. Good for you, good for your heath, keep you around for more years of guitar playing!
I think it is, but it was taken in the dr.'s office. She put me on self-administered insulin (short term and long term) immediately, but immediately actually became two weeks. Fortunately I didn't die before starting insulin, and my blood sugar came down several hundred points in a couple of weeks...
Martin 000-15sm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber