The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-15-2023, 04:22 AM

I attach my pedals with industrial strength 3M Velcro strips. The 2"×4" are perfect. For Boss pedals, I'll do my best to remove their rubber bottom but it's a pain to get it all off and all the adhesive. For me, I sometimes use a Carbon Copy delay in conjunction with the Keeley Caverns v2, so having multiple verbs and delays can be handy.
Old 03-15-2023, 04:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
I attach my pedals with industrial strength 3M Velcro strips. The 2"×4" are perfect. For Boss pedals, I'll do my best to remove their rubber bottom but it's a pain to get it all off and all the adhesive. For me, I sometimes use a Carbon Copy delay in conjunction with the Keeley Caverns v2, so having multiple verbs and delays can be handy.
I also used velcro until I was turned on to 3M Dual-Lok. No looking back now! Lower profile. Both surfaces are identical. Doesnt “grab” carpet, blankets, etc…took a little work to remove old velcro (amazing adhesive!) but well worth it.

Also: if you use “Goo-Gone” adhesive remover, be aware it WILL strip laquer finishes. My vintage AnalogMan compressor has a nice dull spot on the bottom.
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 03-15-2023, 06:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostatic View Post
It really depends on if you like the user interface on the helix and if you want/need a lot of choices. For a long time I always went with separate fx pedals as I only had a couple of things I used regularly and preferred to have actual knobs available all the time. The helix tends to force you to plan ahead - which may or may not work for you.

Really good point. I thought the helix stomp would also be good if I was in a pinch and playing electric guitar I could use the same pedal board and just have a patch build for electric too
2017 Taylor 714ce
Old 03-16-2023, 07:01 AM
Charter Member

My acoustic board consists of two tuners, two volume pedals, and a Radial Duplex, stereo DI box.

My board was put together with "band" in mind. Doing solo, I could do without the volume pedals.

If using a headstock tuner, could do without the tuner pedals. But they do offer the mute function.

If doing a one guitar show, All I'd use is a JDI. And leave the board at home. I get my reverb, and a touch of chorus, from the mixer.

Thats just me
Old 03-19-2023, 07:04 AM

I sold my HX stomp for the same reason basically as you.

I ended up getting this

https://amzn.to/40dFQF6

They have had a great sale at Sweetwater, too.

I really like it. SO much easier to use. So easy to dial things in. Has all you need - and no distortions. The effects sound great. Has verb, delay, trem and much more.

Plus works great with the LR Baggs Voiceprint.
Old 03-19-2023, 09:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinplarson View Post
I sold my HX stomp for the same reason basically as you.

I ended up getting this

https://amzn.to/40dFQF6

They have had a great sale at Sweetwater, too.

I really like it. SO much easier to use. So easy to dial things in. Has all you need - and no distortions. The effects sound great. Has verb, delay, trem and much more.

Plus works great with the LR Baggs Voiceprint.

oh shoot, I just put an order in at Sweetwater for the helix stomp. but Im going to research this and see how I like this one better and swap if I need to.
2017 Taylor 714ce
Old 03-19-2023, 10:02 AM
Charter Member

If your doing multiple pedals I really like the ultra clean look of custom length cables

While not cheap @ $2.95 a ft for cable and $7.95 per screw in connector
Evidence Audio is one of the best custom cable solutions out there with both straight and right angle screw in connectors that are super easy to make up and rock solid

https://evidenceaudio.com/products/sis

This is my electric pedal board

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 03-19-2023, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
If your doing multiple pedals I really like the ultra clean look of custom length cables
Nice board. It depends on how fickle you are - before going Fractal I was constantly swapping things in and out and changing my board around. I ended up getting a selection of various length Ernie Ball flat cables so I could tinker. You can do that with custom length, but if you're making substantive changes they're no longer the right custom

“Sometimes science is more art than science…” - Rick Sanchez
Old 03-19-2023, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
LR Baggs Voiceprint for the DI. Onespot C6 for the power supply. Keeley Caverns v2 (delay and reverb in 1 pedal). Ernie Ball VP Jr volume pedal.
Pretty much what I did. Except I substituted the LR Baggs Align Reverb and a wireless for the volume pedal.
Old 03-19-2023, 01:06 PM

Consider the ergonomics. I made one, out of solid wood, with a hinged top to be folded up and carried like a suitcase. It was just too darn heavy to use. So I took out the pedals and wiring, and fitted the innards into a light plastic "suitcase" thing from Harbor Freight, which makes it portable and protective, but not a pain to handle.
Old 03-19-2023, 02:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostatic View Post
Nice board. It depends on how fickle you are - before going Fractal I was constantly swapping things in and out and changing my board around. I ended up getting a selection of various length Ernie Ball flat cables so I could tinker. You can do that with custom length, but if you're making substantive changes they're no longer the right custom
Thanks ,,, yes if you are constantly changing and you are using drastically different widths then custom lengths can be an issue . I have stayed with this configuration for over 2 years now. And of course with the 8 position switcher I am limited to seven pedals and the ABY switch for Wet/Dry application

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 03-19-2023, 05:10 PM

I was looking at a Road Runner pedal board case $59.95 on GC Should hold my G1-Four and my A1-Four plus an A-B switch until I move up to an IR pedal or two...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification