The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-03-2023, 09:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentaprism View Post
This can happen with any guitar support device. It happens to me with the Sagework as well.

To prevent the "sliding forward," I use a thin cord, one end tied to the back of the chair (or to a belt loop of my pants), the other hooked on to the support. I make the cord length-adjustable so that it can be used for different chairs.
Sounds like the beginning of something like a "guitar harness." It goes around the waist like a belt, but with the buckle (or clip) on the side. It would have adjustable cords that clip onto the side of the harness and the other end would clip on to a suction cup that is placed on the back of the guitar, or be able to clip onto a neck up device. Hmm.

Allegretto Op 59 {M. Carcassi}:

Avalon Ard Ri L2-320C|Furch Yellow|Guild D-120C|Martin D-16GT|McIlroy A20|Pellerin SJ CW

Cordoba C5|Cordoba Fusion 12 Ochestra CE
Old 02-04-2023, 04:52 AM

I've used a Dynarette for a number of years now. It works but I can't say it's a better option than the footstool. Plus the Dynarette provides a wonderful palette of "fart" noises when I'm recording. I'm interested in a number of newer products but I want to try them out first.

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/de...&content=songs
Old 02-06-2023, 07:11 AM

I used an ergoplay tappert for 2 years and in the last 2 months I switched to using a medium guitarlift and I'm quite happy.
Old 02-07-2023, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picking Dick View Post
I sent for a Leg Cushion from Amazon and got it yesterday. Iím a bit clumsy with it so far, but it worked.

I have a foot rest, but Iíve crushed it twice. I donít care for itís wobbliness either.
Some are saying that theyíre bad for oneís back too, even though guitarists have been usiní them for years and years.

Does anyone else use a Leg Cushion?
I use a variety of supports - a foot rest, various devices that suction cup onto the side of the guitar, and a Sage support that attaches via magnets. My favorite so far, in regard to stability and easy of use is the Guitar Lift. Although I'm still not a fan of suction cups, and I can't use this on all my guitars due to delicate finishes.
Old 02-12-2023, 05:46 PM
Charter Member

Bradford Weiner suggests putting a sticky shelf liner available in black on the left leg and it really works. Look @ 19:00

I have a Barnett SageWork and extra magnets and a Dynarette large pillow too, but now on both of my classicals, I use the cling vinyl mentioned in the video and I bought the large GuitarLift. I love it. I had to widen the leg cut-out with a Dremel tool but it took 5 minutes. The GuitarLift allows the guitar to fully vibrate even when itís against your chest and itís just so locked in and comfortable.

I have 5-6 NeckUps that I use on all my acoustics (on the right leg though).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical