The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 08-02-2014, 05:57 PM
Charter Member

Default *SOLD!* 2012 Martin Custom GPCPA Sitka/EIR full-gloss, like new $1,150 shipped

*SOLD!* 2012 Martin Custom Grand Performance Cutaway Performing Artist in Sitka/East Indian Rosewood $1,150

The Grand Performance (GP) body is the newest in the Martin line-up-- shaped like an OM, but with a body size between an OM and a dreadnought. It is part of the Performing Artist series, characterized by the "performing artist" neck which is similar to the Martin "low oval" neck profile with a 1-3/4" nut width, but slightly narrower 2-3/16" string spacing at the saddle, making it incredibly comfortable to play. On this particular guitar the action at the 12th fret is 3/32" on the low E, and 5/64" on the high E with D'Addario light strings (1st string=0.012")-- making it play overall almost like an electric. Bar chords without pain, almost effortless fingering on leads high up the neck, etc.

Features include:

* Solid Sitka spruce top and solid East Indian rosewood back and sides-- sweet, resonant, balanced, and remarkably loud
* All-gloss finish (except the neck, which is satin finish)
* Solid one-piece mahogany neck with a "low oval" profile and "performing artist" taper
* Onboard Fishman Analog electronics, strong, clear, and balanced-- with nice features including phase control and an internal chromatic tuner
* I believe the fingerboard and bridge are real ebony or dark rosewood because there is color striping and grain (see close-up in photo #8), NOT Richlite

This particular guitar is in near-mint condition. The frets have little to no wear, and there are no significant dings or scratches anywhere. This is about as close to a brand new guitar as you get without paying for a brand new guitar.

I switched the pickguard from the original Taylor-esque "winged" pickguard to a much nicer (IMO) Greven OM pickguard (which is expensive and hard to find). I also added bone and abalone bridge pins. The original pickguard and plastic pins will be included. There is no tan line at all from the original pickguard, but just so there are no surprises: there's an extremely faint impression in the finish which is truly almost invisible unless you really, really look for it. If that bothers you, the original pickguard is still in perfect condition and can be put back on easily... and then you can sell the Greven to Bearclaw. ;-)

The deluxe original Martin/TKL archtop case is also included, and it's awesome!-- it, too, seems to be a response to Taylor (sigh...): brown faux gator skin with a burgundy interior in perfect condition-- not even small scuffs. I love the case.

I wish I could keep this guitar-- it's just a really nice, versatile guitar in great shape. Will arrive at your door in the original Martin box. For the price, I don't think you could find a better all-around guitar anywhere.

$1,150 by PayPal, which includes FedEx Ground shipping anywhere in the continental U.S. (others please contact me).

Please feel free to call, Peter 541-344-5569, or e-mail [email protected].

Total Length 40 3/8"
Body Length 19 3/4"
Body Width 15 3/4"
Body Depth 4 1/2"
Scale 25.4"

Last edited by Peterw; 08-05-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:01 PM

Would you consider selling the Tor-tis pickguard separately? If so, I am interested in it.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:17 PM
Charter Member

Default Good point!

Bearclaw: thanks-- that's a good point, folks: the Greven Tor-Tis pickguard on this guitar is rare and incredibly difficult to get. I think it makes an ok-looking guitar into a great-looking guitar. Anyway, yes-- I'll sell the Tor-Tis pickguard, for $1,150. ;-)
Old 08-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Charter Member

Default Fretboard/bridge update:

Someone asked if the fretboard and saddle are Richlite or real wood. I'm almost certain they are real ebony or rosewood. I gave my 7 y.o. son a Martin LMX with Richlite, and I compared the two. In contrast to the LMX, this fretboard and bridge have slight color striping and definite grain (see close-up photo #8), and feels warmer and not smooth and glassy like Richlite. If that's not real wood, Martin sure fooled me! I'd be grateful if anybody can verify or correct this. Thanks!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
dreadnaught, dreadnought, martin, omc, rosewood