The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 03:39 PM

Default SOLD 1988 Westerly Guild JF30CE Jumbo Cutaway Unicorn

I'm calling it a "unicorn" because I have not seen another JF30 cutaway. (And because it's fun to think of that cutaway as a horn.)

I am the second owner. I purchased it from a luthier who bought it new in Kansas in 1989. Beautiful flamed maple neck, sides and arched back.

Between the arched back, its age, and the removal of the electronics (more on that in a bit), it sounds incredibly well-rounded and projects well. Fingerpicking or strummed. The luthier/original owner hated the way the electronics sounded (80s technology after all) and he felt it deadened the sound. So he proceeded to remove them. I believed him once I heard it. The input jack remains, as do the two holes for volume and tone. They have served as mini sound portholes for me. (And are there for any system you may want to install.)

Only a little checking on the front and none I could see on the back. I tried to capture with many pics. It has some play wear but no major dings or damage. Height at 12th fret is 2.1 mm. Decent amount of saddle left. Neck is very comfortable. 25.5" scale. 1 11/16" nut. 2 3/16" string spacing.

Includes original HSC and the warranty card filled out. I love this guitar. The cutaway was essential for my style of play. Apparently, I love 80s era Guilds because I have three of them. I need to fund luthier school so some of these have got to go. $1600 shipped (& insured). Or local pickup in Denver. From a smoke-free, pet-free, temp-controlled home studio. I expect this guitar to appreciate as the word on Westerly Guilds is out.

I haven't listed on Reverb and hoping not to (but tuition is due in Dec.!) Hit me up with any questions.

PHOTO ALBUM HERE

Last edited by DukeMattingly; 07-20-2022 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-05-2021, 04:54 PM
Charter Member

Wish I could justify getting it, but Jumbo is to big and I just can’t. I am in Denver, too. We’re are you going to study Lutherie?

Last edited by Kerbie; 02-17-2022 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Please omit the profanity
Old 11-05-2021, 06:33 PM

Wonderful and rare guitar. Good luck with the sale.
Old 11-05-2021, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamolay View Post
Wish I could justify getting it, but Jumbo is to big and I just can’t. I am in Denver, too. We’re are you going to study Lutherie?
Colorado School. I had enrolled at Red Wing but COVID derailed that and then a move to Colorado made me delay/switch gears.

Last edited by Kerbie; 02-17-2022 at 05:20 AM.
Old 11-06-2021, 05:08 AM
Charter Member

That Guild is a beauty. I can look at the photos and hear it in my head.

Good luck in your studies. I'm a couple hours west of you. Haven't made it to Victor Guitar yet, but I check out his website once in a while to see what's on consignment.
Old 12-11-2021, 11:43 AM

No one looking for a nice Guild Xmas present for themselves? C'mon. You deserve it.
Old 01-16-2022, 12:31 PM

Westerly Jumbo Guild still looking for a home. Feel free to send me offers. Happy New Year!
Old 02-08-2022, 05:51 PM

Off to Reverb it goes...
Old 03-09-2022, 10:41 PM

Taking offers...
Old 07-20-2022, 09:37 AM

And it is SOLD.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
guild, jf30, jumbo