The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 01-04-2021, 08:29 PM

Default Song for my mother :(

She died before we could meet.

New with software and I quit the guitar frequently out of frustration with my progress. Anyhow, its the though that counts! Right?

https://soundcloud.com/chowsurfs/this-is-me-acoustic

Scott
Old 01-05-2021, 09:18 AM

I like it, and think it's a beautiful tribute. Sad songs are some of the best songs.
Larrivee: CS09 Matt Thomas Limited
Taylor: 314ce, 356e, Baritone 8
Timberline: T60HGc
Old 01-05-2021, 11:20 AM
Charter Member

Sincerely, I think this has all the makings of those wonderful power ballads of 70's and 80's.
Wish those great musical times were back.
Now all you really need is some Slow,controlled, heavily accented drums to express the entire mood of this song.
I was lucky, my mother lived till she was nearly 93. As a single mother she dedicated her life to my brother and myself. I am eternally grateful for all the love and support she gave me. Thus, I have written several songs in her honor.
The creation of Music is the ONLY way to let your true emotions connect with your soul. It is not a want...but an Absolute need.
While The emptiness never goes away, the creation of music, at the very least, fills the heart and turns it into something joyous.
Of course, this is temporary. Thus we must always continue to keep on writing more and more. For us Artists, it is our only possible salvation.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD