The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-29-2018, 08:09 AM
Charter Member

I think there are more than a few of us who are looking forward to seeing the new developments. For my playing, the X20 is as big as I'd like... but something between the X7 and X20 would be interesting. Tick, tick, tick... one day... cue the music: "Anticipation... antici-pay-ay-shun, is making me wait.

I have not been feeling any GAS. Of course, I said that the day before I saw the photos of the Select Series X20 that I just had to have last year.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:23 AM
Charter Member

Just day-dreaming... thinking about guitars. My two previous guitars before getting that first Emerald were both 12-frets - I liked the reach, 24.875" scale, and the tone. Before I bought the X7, I didn't think I'd own another 14-fret. Yeah, I was wrong.

So... something in an X10(ish) size (I played Kramster's "vintage" X10 earlier this year), a 12-fret, 24.6 to 24.875" scale (Earl's X20 12-string with the 24.6" scale was very nice), and all those wonderful curves that Alistair designs in... yeah, that would be cool.

Just day-dreaming. And counting down the hours.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
So... something in an X10(ish) size (I played Kramster's "vintage" X10 earlier this year), a 12-fret, 24.6 to 24.875" scale (Earl's X20 12-string with the 24.6" scale was very nice), and all those wonderful curves that Alistair designs in... yeah, that would be cool.

Just day-dreaming. And counting down the hours.

You're not alone, Captain, you're definitely not alone.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:00 AM
Guest 928

Good morning you all. Just thought I'd drop in and do some taunting. Yes the X10 is a marvelous build and I can understand why you'd want one. Even Kramster's ancient 10 was a great guitar. My new X10-OSN is even greater, maybe as great as it gets! I sure wish you had one. Sigh....maybe someday in your future.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Even Kramster's ancient 10 was a great guitar. My new X10-OSN is even greater,

Wait...what?...?
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 05-29-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
. but something between the X7 and X20 would be interesting.
X-9.4 maybe?
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 05-29-2018, 11:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
X-9.4 maybe?
Well, that is just silly. I'm thinking more like an X11.3672... I am all about the details.

I know were absent from here for a while - were you not aware of Evan's X10-OSN? It is gorgeous! Well, except for that whole nylon thing. I am thinking I read just a wee bit of gloating in his words. I know he is psuedo-family to you, but I think it may have been more than gloating... I might go so far as to say "taunting." Of course, when the new guitars are unveiled, making all of ours obsolete, Evan's X10 will be in that category, too. I don't have the unlimited funds/space like you to own one of every carbon fiber guitar ever made, or the patience like Evan to wait months and months for a "from the mind of" nylon something or other... I have to have guitars that allow me to make the music to keep my patron happy.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:11 PM
Guest 928

Yes Captain, I think my pseudo nephew has been getting a little absent minded. I'm sort of amazed that he even remembers that he has an X10. Part of the problem, I suppose, is that he just can't let go--too many guitars in his landscape.

He is a very good collector. His early stock of Cargos was a wonderment. I realized early that I could not afford every CF nylon string guitar--but I could own them all one by one. My patience derives from the fact that I always have a good one (or 3) at hand.

By the way, the X10-OSN is a definitive work and will never be obsolete. That's why I'm moving from acoustic/electric to electric/acoustic c/f instruments. By the time Mr. K gets to the X10-OSN I should have the X10-OSN thin-bodied, electric guitar in my hands. My experience with the thin-bodied electric X7-OSN tells me that the 10 electric may be THE guitar, good for all venues.

I think "gloating" works as well as "taunting." "Bragging" might also work, but doesn't quite have the flair. "Having fun" also works. I'm covering a lot of ground here.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post

By the way, the X10-OSN is a definitive work and will never be obsolete. ...

I think "gloating" works as well as "taunting." "Bragging" might also work, but doesn't quite have the flair. "Having fun" also works. I'm covering a lot of ground here.
I think the phrase you might be looking for is: "Neener-neener!"

The "obsolete" comment was entirely tongue-in-cheek. That's how I feel about most of my current guitars: Taylor can "revoice" them, but my 814 still pleases my ears. Same with both of my Emeralds: they just compliment each other SO nicely. Of course, with the "Goldilocks factor" in play, could there be ONE that is just right?

Any smart manufacturer has to balance making an icon and making a great product even better. I'm looking forward to the unveiling to see what Alistair has in store for us.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber