The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 06-14-2018, 07:35 AM
AGF Sponsor

One of my brothers was in the Navy. He let us know it sounded so much better to his sisters that it was for him. Go figure!

I hope for good weather, too. When our kids were little they rode their bikes in the house on rainy days. Guess that won't suffice for you.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
PS: I'm loving the new website and enjoying the media clips - especially the one entitled "Cracked Nut Suite" by James Filkins. In reading the description I see that it was played on my favorite McKnight guitar, the Highlander that had wenge back and sides with a cedar/Engelmann double top. I can't wait to see what else you'll have sitting around to play this year.
Hmm. That delightful little guitar, the "Cigar," would now be in my possession, Neil. I'm sorry to say I'm already on the road and didn't bring it along for this weekend's McJam; I'll be sure to do so at next year's McJam. It is a splendid guitar, and easily among my top two or three guitars Tim has built.

Had no idea about the navy. Or bike riding. Or cruises and crud (sorry 'bout the latter!). Hope you're feeling better; looking forward to seeing you and everyone else this weekend in Greater Metropolitan Morral!
Old 06-18-2018, 04:32 PM
AGF Sponsor

Well, a tray of peanut butter cookies are baked, but a few lady helpers are unable to attend this year so we will wing it and make do.

Rodger and I are working on the schedule.

A few new faces will be in the crowd so we will consider orientation a worthy option so those guys are not left out.

Please note I will be sending a brief e-mail later today to 2018 McJammers only.

See ya Friday.
Old Today, 11:40 AM

Mary,

We had some bad storms blow through here last night. How did greater Morral fare? Are the roads clear? Is the Lone Cone still standing?

2013 Official Luthier's Forum Medium Jumbo (DIY build, western red cedar, Honduran mahogany)
2012 McKnight McUkulele
2009 Martin D-16GT
2006 Larrivee OM-03R
1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster (Natural ash)
201? Official Luthier's Forum Medium Jumbo (DIY build, Carpathian Spruce/East Indian Rosewood)
1973 Takamine F360
197? Epiphone FT-160N Texan
Old Today, 12:51 PM
Music soothes the soul!

I just left the house and all was in order. The place is looking great.
Old Today, 03:49 PM
AGF Sponsor

HI Neil,

The winds might come later this evening, but Columbus typically gets the blunt end of the storms and we linger in rains. So far today I don't think there was rain. Adrianne and I spent our day in Marion getting food purchased for those who will be joining us.

Many thanks to Dennis for coming along early and helping with tables, chairs, guitars and bringing door prizes. Wow. What a great beginning!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Tags
cafeguy, cigarfan, eire