The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 06-18-2018, 06:17 PM

Thank you for the well wishing and congratulations to you other parents of graduates.

It was probably the best Father's day present ever - seeing my son graduate. Emotionally, I held it together, until they began filing in, to "Pomp and Circumstance." Powerful moment.

Thankfully, UCSB breaks the commencement into 4 separate ceremonies, over 2 days. Even at 3.5 seconds per name (yes, I timed it), handing out the diplomas took over an hour and a half.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:49 PM

10-yr anniv. of my son's graduation from Columbia College Chicago (massive arts-oriented university complex downtown). Also split by divisions into 4 ceremonies over 2 days. Journalism & Broadcast school had Dan Rather as commencement speaker. But Performing Arts (son got a BFA in Theater) had Earth, Wind & Fire. Most fun graduation EVER!

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknow View Post
My 1st daughter is graduating Cal Poly this weekend. I am so proud of her. When she was 4 years of age, due to l/d’s The renowned experts in reactive medicine promised she would never read,write, nor become independent. She’s my crowning achievement. Never give up and ignore most doctors!
Good reminder. Our son was on and off Ritalin for much of his elementary and middle school years. All along I believed he was simply more interested in other things. He finally got serious about studies in college. Now plans to be an airline pilot.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic