The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-08-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Recording Feedback

Hi,

I recorded this James Taylor song again and was wondering if I could get some feeback, thanks!

Walking Man
Old 04-11-2005, 10:31 AM

Hmmm, no feedback? OooooooooooooK.....
Old 04-11-2005, 10:40 AM

I think your guitar is nicely recorded. Your voice takes a little bit of getting used to on this song. Mostly because you're doing a JT cover, and your voice really is quite different than his in terms of pitch and tone.

You have a handle on the chords. But, your tempo is not as fluid as it should be I think on this recording. It's not like you're all over the map tempo wise. But, there are times when it's slightly off as you go through some of the more difficult chord transitions. At least that's how it sounds to me.

I'd suggest that you record this song with a drum beat to keep you on tempo. Than remove the drum beat. That should help the song flow a bit better in my opinion.

Overall, though it sounds pretty good I think.

Recording covers always begs comparison to the original, and few are going to sound better on Walking Man than James Taylor. So, with that in mind I think you did a nice job.

Last edited by utah; 04-11-2005 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:39 PM

Thanks Utah, YOu are absolutely right about the tempo being off at various points. It is a tough song to do justice to. Doing cover songs is difficult for the reason you stated, compared to the artist's original version, etc. I appreciate your input, thanks!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell