The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 04-10-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroad View Post
What did you do to create your website? Keep it simple please.
I used Wordpress and there was definitely a learning curve involved.

There are easier website building methods via WIX and Square Space. That said, an artist page on Facebook along with youtube links will work just fine and are by far the easiest option. Or if you don't dig FB, you could make a Reverbnation artist page.

Fun stuff.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:24 PM

Default Live

Live auditions are best.

Back when I was part of a acoustic trio we did a number of them.

There was this one time I got a call to come in for a audition. It was a 4 hour audition on a Friday night. I politely declined and told them 3 or 4 songs in their office in the afternoon sometime would be fine. They declined that offer. Sometime later we were hired at that venue several times with no audition.

"If you try to play like someone else, Who will play like you". Quote from Johnny Gimble

The only musician I have to impress today is the musician I was yesterday.

No tubes, No capos, No Problems.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:17 PM

I'm in Bozeman. If I want to play a gig in Missoula, that's 6 hours roundtrip to do a 'live audition.' And if I want to plan a mini-tour that goes through Billings, Casper, Fort Collins, etc... then I guess I'll take two days off and hit the venues with live auditions, then drive back home and then drive back out and do it all over again. Honestly, the drive just to play those gigs is plenty.

Believe me- people are booking gigs via email and links to videos. Even the booking agents do it this way (I'm not talking huge acts, either).

But yeah, live auditions in your neighborhood are old school cool. Give 'em a CD while your at it!
Old 04-10-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russchapman View Post
I'm in Bozeman. If I want to play a gig in Missoula, that's 6 hours roundtrip to do a 'live audition.' And if I want to plan a mini-tour that goes through Billings, Casper, Fort Collins, etc... then I guess I'll take two days off and hit the venues with live auditions, then drive back home and then drive back out and do it all over again. Honestly, the drive just to play those gigs is plenty.

Believe me- people are booking gigs via email and links to videos. Even the booking agents do it this way (I'm not talking huge acts, either).

But yeah, live auditions in your neighborhood are old school cool. Give 'em a CD while your at it!
Great help here... thanks.
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo
Old 04-10-2018, 09:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroad View Post
What did you do to create your website? Keep it simple please.
Hi hotrod…

Squarespace…

Simplest and best looking designs (plenty of adaptable templates) when amateurs are involved.

Great service too…

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD