The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-01-2001, 11:28 PM

Thumbs up Goodall Standard with Redwood Top!!!

I have just played the most awesome guitar.
I know some of you are familiar with Goodall guitars, but my dealer just got in a rosewood standard w/ a redwood top. Oh man!!! what a balanced tone..words can't describe it. Find one and play it...play it soft and listen to those subtle harmonics come to life, strum it hard, and listen to it roar. I own several guitars, some way more expensive than this one, and none of them come close. I think my son may have to wait to go to college...hahah
Old 08-10-2001, 11:16 PM

Hello Guitarman.

I first heard a Goodall this year at a festival. It was a cutaway, Rosewood back and sides with adirondak spruce.

It was around 9 a.m. on a Sunday morning. From across the hall in the motel I heard this awesome sound.

The fellow that ordered the guitar doesn't play in public. But what a sound this guitar had.

I can't afford a Goodall right now. I also heard a Roy Noble cocobolo and maple guitar this summer. Also stunning sound.

BTW, I still have one daughter in college and each year I give her enough money to buy a Goodall or you name it.....but next year.

Go for the Goodall...they are amazing guitars.

RL
Old 08-19-2001, 03:12 PM

As a Goodall owner I can understand your experience. Mine is a Koa Standard that adds clarity to the lush voice with the B & S specific tonal qualities and has a honey gold/lemon yellow visual glow to the wood as well.

Join us on the Goodall discussion group:

[email protected]

Marc Durso

Wonderful dream guitars someday:
Mark Blanchard Pinyon (00) Ad/Koa slothead 12fret contour cutaway, Mark Blanchard Sugarpine (000) Ad/Mad fan 12 fret contour cutaway w/Manzer wedge
Old 08-19-2001, 04:15 PM

Hey Marc, I didn't realize you were a part of this forum as well.

I haven't written to the Goodall list for quite some time, but my Goodall collection has gone through a few changes since I last wrote there.

Right now I'm contemplating my next Goodall ... perhaps an E. I. Rosewood Standard with Big Goose. I've forgotten, what top do you have on your KS? I now have this wonderful KGC with a cedar top.
Old 08-21-2001, 10:33 AM

Buddiesorg:

I know of and have played numerous times a Goodall flamed walnut/Goose CJ that may be on the block very soon. It is a stunning guitar with color to its woods and a sweetness (a word used by all who play it) to its voice. If you are interested, I can put you in touch with the owner and others who have played it. The owner is now a Blanchard and McCollum fan.

My Koa Standard has a sitka top.

There's a IR/Sitka Standard, IR/sitka CJ and a Walnut/sitka GC at our local shop Music and More with a figured walnut CJ coming in this week.

Call Tom at 954 791 2616

For pics of my Goodall and other guitars: http://communities.msn.com/Handmadeguitars and click on SHOEBOX.

It takes a bit to load but the pics are lovely.

Marc Durso

Wonderful dream guitars someday:
Mark Blanchard Pinyon (00) Ad/Koa slothead 12fret contour cutaway, Mark Blanchard Sugarpine (000) Ad/Mad fan 12 fret contour cutaway w/Manzer wedge
Old 08-21-2001, 11:14 AM

Hi Marc ... thanks for the tip. I already have a guitar shop that has quite a selection of Goodalls. The main problem with acquiring another Goodall is choosing one or more guitars to let go to make room for a new one.

Last night I enjoyed all five of my Goodalls ... including my newest ... a Macassar Ebony/Adirondack CJ ... James really outdid himself on this one. Although I kind of wonder how it would have sounded with a Big Goose top (I was contemplating both tops), I'm quite pleased with the Adirondack.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification