The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 11-24-2002, 11:15 PM

Default share your gems

There have been some sites and programs I've stumbled across that have been useful to me and I'd like to share them with those of you that may not know about 'em. If you have some little gems others may not know about, how 'bout letting us know?

Heres a neat little chord chart program. Used correctly it can be very educational about chords.
http://annette.boettcher.be.t-online.de/JazzGuitar/
If the link doesn't get you in, you'll have to copy and paste the addy into your browser. I did. If anybody knows of a better chart making program, I'd like to know about it.

Heres a great guitar chord site: If you know the spelling of chords you can find any chord in any tuning in any inversion.
http://www.looknohands.com/chordhous.../index_rb.html

An excellent site for training the ear to hear those intervals:
http://www.ossmann.com/bigears/

Finally, if you're interested in a free book on music theory, I have one. Its 212 pages in pdf format (I don't recall the addy where I found it). Its aimed at first year college level students but is not guitar specific. A good text though if you want a good grounding in theory. The downside is the file size: 1.15MB.
If you want it I'll send you a copy.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:17 AM

Fred,

I'd be interested in that PDF.

Thanks.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:31 AM

Fred,

I too would be interested in the pdf!

Thanks!!

'03 714CE-LTD -- '92 K22CE -- '95 PRS
Old 11-25-2002, 09:55 AM

I'd be interested in the pdf as well. Thanks.

If you want to succeed, you should strike out on new paths rather than travel the worn paths of accepted business. John D. Rockefeller

Uncork New York!
Old 11-25-2002, 01:38 PM

Thanks, Fred, for the Music Theory PDF. Looks like most of it is a bunch of School stuff (aka. fluff to fill the 16 weeks), but there's some good stuff too, stuck in there. I just saw an Image showing how Major and Minor chords constructed from thirds that I'd never seen before (and it actually made some sense to me -- scary!)

Anyhow, as I know some others may also want the PDF (and you'll spend then next three days sending emails), I've posted the file here {rick+click and Save As}. Hope that's OK by you...

See ya later....

Old 11-25-2002, 11:06 PM

Thats fine by me, DickensDad, although I don't mind going thru the process of sending it via email.

You're right in that it has some fluff in it. Like I said, its aimed at college kids. Acutally I have that book in 8 seperate chapters also and could've sent just the "meaty" parts. Some folks may need to read the intro, however, so I offered the all-in-one version. If you'd like to post the individual chapters on your site let me know and I'll send them to you.
Old 11-26-2002, 04:10 AM
Charter Member

Thanks Fred! I downloaded the theory and already learned a couple of things. And thanks DickensDad for the pdf, I appreciate it very much.
Old 11-26-2002, 08:32 AM

Any time -- I got lots a disk space left out there (and I pay for it no maatter) so if something needs posting, I'll be happy to do it -- just shout!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell