The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 01-15-2019, 11:30 AM

Default Pumping Nylon

I want to buy the pumping nylon book, so I can study those 120 right hand exercises. The thing is, I don't read music, and although I can see there's a Tab version it doesn't have audio, whereas the notated version does. Does anyone know of a version with audio and tab in the Pumping Nylon series? Thanks.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:06 PM

A free alternative is Guiliani 120+ exercises available at classicalguitar.org (under free stuff). It includes the Guiliani exercises in a different order plus tips on how to practice them. It isn't in tab but the Guiliani exercises are very repetitive and should be easy for you to figure out.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fingers View Post
A free alternative is Guiliani 120+ exercises available at classicalguitar.org (under free stuff). It includes the Guiliani exercises in a different order plus tips on how to practice them. It isn't in tab but the Guiliani exercises are very repetitive and should be easy for you to figure out.
Many thanks, will look into that. I also just found an online course by Taga Publishing that looks really interesting: https://tagapublishing.com/course/ma...-hand-studies/
Old 01-16-2019, 03:49 PM

Scott Tenant's groupings and fingerings are really helpful though, so I'd follow those to further development. Perhaps buy the TAB and bypass the audio.

All my students follow them and find them really helpful - you'll be prepared for most things. I wouldn't say they are repetitive at all and each is demanding in their own way - but they should be studied over a very long period, quality (smoothness and clarity) over rushing through them.

Jonny

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical