The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 12-06-2002, 11:24 AM

Question Natural Approach...different concept?

I noticed an ad in the back of my Acoustic Guitar magazine. It was for an instructional program (3 videos-2 manuals-audio tape) that would improve your soloing. "Close your eyes and play what you hear" it says, also learn how to fly around the neck.

Anyway, does anyone no about this instructional series "The Natural Approach" ? Its' put out by a guy named Mike Caruso, they had a website with the cost ($150). Just thought I'd see if it was any good, might find one used on eBay.

thanks

nc2
Old 12-06-2002, 02:05 PM

give me $150 and I'll tell you how to "close yours eyes and play what you hear"...lol

actually, it's probly ear training excercises...breaking one out of running scales...
Old 12-06-2002, 02:23 PM

I've ordered the scales and modes version of the Guitar Grimoire at www.guitargrimoire.com

From what I've heard, it's the way to go if you're serious about leraning this stuff. However, as their webpage quotes, it takes practice to learn this stuff...this book (and optional dvd) just gives you the right material to practice.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell