The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 11-28-2019, 02:35 PM

Default A post-apocalyptic Thanksgiving day romp

Hey all,

My partner really, really likes the mountain goats and John Darnielle. So yesterday I challenged myself to write a quick song in the style of the mountain goats after having a few years of exposure to his work. This is what resulted...

https://mega.nz/#!WlsQnShD!c7CsfBX66...5Uj8Z2MKtJYENU

The guitars and vocals were 1st and single takes. So basically a live performance. A few sloppy shoutout "harmonies" in stereo. Signal chain from my Emerald X7 straight into my Android cell phone's built in mic into the j4t 4 track app. A little bit of delay and reverb (FX built into the app, they sound horrible but the app itself is great for songwriting and ideas). This is how I usually draft demos and songs for myself, but I think it also works well considering Darnielle's Lo-Fi history and sound.

Thanks for listening. Someday soon I will share some instrumental stuff and also some less (deliberately) derivative songs. Wait, isn't "deliberately derivative" synonymous with "tribute?"

Last edited by ethanay; 11-28-2019 at 03:20 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Tags
apocalypse, emerald x7, john darnielle, thanksgiving, the mountain goats