The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-16-2018, 08:39 AM

I can see the image on Google Photos, Karl. Awesome veneer, and it should make an extremely pretty guitar. They really "pop" with the wet look of the clear coat.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:03 AM
Guest 928

What is taking so long?
Old 11-16-2018, 12:04 PM

Did they stand it out today? We just gotta know.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 11-16-2018, 01:22 PM

Wish I saw this post earlier! I would have asked/checked for you! I spent most of my day today at the Emerald Shop meeting Alistair and the team. There were so many wonderful instruments to see and the lads were all quite busy. Wonderful experience!
Old 11-16-2018, 03:38 PM

Thanks for all of your concerns and ongoing comments. I did not yet receive the anticipated "something good is headed your way" email. Kevin did say he was going to send photos of the finished guitar, and I will post photos as soon as I receive them.
Anyone know how to post photos directly in the body of the message and not just a link?
I am using my Google account and probably not using the IMG code posting correctly.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:44 PM
Charter Member

You have to use a hosting site for your photos, like Flickr or one of many others, and use the URL in the body of the post. Boy did I make that sound difficult. I'm sure there are better instructions here somewhere. It's not that difficult.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:47 PM

As a bonus ...Thanksgiving should make the wait longer as it prolly messes with shipping workers... hope this helps.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 11-16-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
You have to use a hosting site for your photos, like Flickr or one of many others, and use the URL in the body of the post. Boy did I make that sound difficult. I'm sure there are better instructions here somewhere. It's not that difficult.
Hi John,
The Flickr account did the trick. Will be ready when the finished guitar photos are received. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:51 PM
Guest 928

Good call Mr. K.! I'm sure it helped. We may be Karl's best friends--what with speaking truth with all sincerity. Lucky him.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Good call Mr. K.! I'm sure it helped. We may be Karl's best friends--what with speaking truth with all sincerity. Lucky him.
You're absolutely correct, EvanB! Great people here on the forum. As proof of my newfound photo posting competency, here's a shot of the original, unfinished Ziricote veneer at the Emerald factory:

Hopefully, there will be photos of the finished guitar soon from Kevin.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
As a bonus ...Thanksgiving should make the wait longer as it prolly messes with shipping workers... hope this helps.
LOL- woe is me. Based upon your collection of CF guitars, you may be the master of the art of patiently waiting. It's a dreary, overcast day here in Honolulu, with humidity hovering in the mid-60%. A perfect day for a CF guitar. Here's a photo for you:

Old 11-21-2018, 07:42 PM

Default Shipped...and still waiting!

I received the anticipated "Something special is on it's way" email, and Kevin from Emerald Guitars came through with photos of the finished guitar. I now resume my waiting for the shipment, but at least now I have something to look at while I wait for the guitar to arrive!
Happy Thanksgiving, all!

Last edited by karlhawaii; 01-17-2019 at 03:23 PM. Reason: update photo links
Old 11-21-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlhawaii View Post
I received the anticipated "Something special is on it's way" email, and Kevin from Emerald Guitars came through with photos of the finished guitar.
I want one now!!!!
Old 11-21-2018, 07:47 PM
Charter Member

Aloha, it is beautiful. I'm sure you will be thrilled with it. And Hau'oli Lā Ho'omaika'i.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 11-21-2018, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byudzai View Post
I want one now!!!!
Byudzai, I think your Emerald Padauk X30 and X20 customs are just incredibly beautiful too! Can't wait to receive the shipment from halfway around the world!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber