The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-15-2018, 07:30 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for doing this video. IMHO, your tone is an excellent example of the kind of sound that works in a live setting, especially with other musicians. May not be as authentic as something like a Tonedexter but in my experience of 30+ years, its just as usable, maybe more, depending on your musical setting and your playing style.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb1591 View Post
Thanks for doing this video. IMHO, your tone is an excellent example of the kind of sound that works in a live setting, especially with other musicians. May not be as authentic as something like a Tonedexter but in my experience of 30+ years, its just as usable, maybe more, depending on your musical setting and your playing style.
Thanks RB. I agree that sometimes the amplified sound that is "your guitar but louder" does not always work best. At the end of the day, I am happy if I get an honest 'acoustic' sound that is musical and inspirational. I am really happy with the performance of the Anthem in all the acoustics I've used it in. It really never lets me down.

I'd love to try a Tonedexter at some point, but chasing that last 10-15% is sometimes fatiguing (and its gotten costly). Ya know?
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification