The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-23-2019, 08:23 AM

Default Soundcraft notepad 8fx into Peavey KB/A 50

My idea is to use the amp as a small pa and since there are no effects the mixer would provide some. Mainly used for two vocals and guitar or two di into mixer. Question. Do I go out of main on mixer to Effects Send/Return on amp? I thought this might work since I already have the amp and can be on the lookout for a powered speaker. Thanks
Old 05-23-2019, 12:12 PM

After some more research it seems I could go into any one of the three channels since they all work for keyboard. Line level? Does that sound right? Excuse my ignorance as I am just a back porch picker.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:35 PM

The mixer will be sending a lne level signal. You would use the power amp input (just left of the master volume). This effectively turns the Peavey into a power amp, bypassing the channel preamps. All your mixing,FX, and EQ would be done on the mixer. The other Peavey channels could still be used normally too.

You’ll want to get the amp off the floor in this application.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:12 PM

This amp has three separate channels with no master. Looking to post picture but don't know how on this forum.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanpole View Post
This amp has three separate channels with no master. Looking to post picture but don't know how on this forum.
Bottom line, yes it'll work. Sorry, I used the KB/A 60 docs. My bad. All I can find on the 50 are images. It looks like the FX return is what you'd need to use. That's a TRS connector, and you'll need to look up whether the tip or ring carries the FX return, as that's what you need to use to carry the signal from the mixer. You might get by using one of the regular channels, but I don't know if the mixer output would overdrive the preamp. It's about gain staging.

If the mixer output is stereo you'll have to work out how to input that to a mono channel/return on the amp.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification