The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 06-01-2019, 07:50 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default OO, OOO or OM w/ 1 11/16' nut width

One of my students is seeking another guitar to keep in her summer house here on Cape Cod. She presently owns and plays (very well) an early Martin John Mayer model. It had the 1 11/16" nut width and as she is a small lady and does not want to have to adjust her playing style to a wider neck I am hoping to find an older OO-18, OOO-18 or the like for her. The older -15 series won't do it for her as she likes the sound of spruce tops vs. mahogany or sapele. The guitar I hope to find should be in very good condition or better with no issues - neck rest, cracks, etc. If you have something that might fit the bill, shoot me a PM and we'll talk. Thanks!
Old 06-01-2019, 09:16 AM
Charter Member

No problem.
Just pick up a Blueridge BR-163 (or fancier if you prefer). Well-made, nice looking and surprisingly similar sounding and playing to the one she has at a very friendly price.
Old 06-04-2019, 02:45 PM

Hi there,

Not sure what her budget is but I have a pristine Collings O1-maple that I'm considering moving for a larger body. It's got adi braces, no tongue brace, and tortoise binding on the body and neck. 1 11/16ths nut. Great little axe. Might be a good fit size wise for her.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars