The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 10-02-2018, 09:00 PM

Default Lost and Haunted Ways - the new album from T Spoon Phillips

website banner test1 - Copy.jpg

Hear the full compositions used as the music of One Man's Guitar videos, and many others.

Click HERE to learn more...

Here is a slideshow with excerpts of the music, featuring photos of some of the places that inspired various tunes that appear on this album.

Opening remarks from the extended album notes:

began a love affair in 2006, with and within the Isle of Great Britain, and its culture, its places old and new, and its people, with one person in particular whose love for visiting the States was nearly as ardent as my love for her homeland, which is also my ancestral homeland.

Six of those years contained visits to and fro. Another six followed, where the experiences mellowed and married and began to live on as music.

But this romance can be traced back to my earliest days. Indeed, it reaches to my mitochondrial DNA.

The coals set alight by my grandmother’s tales of illustrious ancestors with names like Percy and Plantagenet were further fanned by the pens of Shakespeare, Dickens, Austin, Stevenson, Jane Porter, Harold Pinter, A. C. Doyle, P. G. Wodehouse, and J.R.R. Tolkien, whose fanciful Hobbits of Middle-earth so accurately depict the gentry, townsfolk, and husbandmen of the English Midlands.

In some ways, as I wander the outside world, I shall always walk there, upon the grass among the daisies and woodlands of that fair realm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Album Cover Lost and Haunted Ways 100 dpi.jpg (165.6 KB, 34 views)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Tags
album, fingerstyle, martin, spoon phillips