The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 04-18-2011, 04:38 PM

Default black locust bridge plate?

Hello all ! This is my first actual post here, i'm very excited to be a part of the forum. my question is, has anyone here used black locust as a bridge plate? A friend of mine swears by them, and has even gone to the lengths of having old plates removed, and replaced with locust. He says it "makes them ring like a piano." Now i'm a little bit curious about this as I have not heard too much about it, other than a quick comment from Lyn Dudenbostel. thus far in my builds I have used the standard maple and rosewood, favoring the maple. So, to those of you who have used it, what do you think about it?
Old 04-18-2011, 04:44 PM

I"ll be interested to hear what people have to say. I've only used maple so far, but we have plenty of locust around here.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:40 PM

Positive endorsements here, including from Tim McKnight, John Arnold, and Bryan Kimsey - experienced voices I listen to on such matters:

http://theunofficialmartinguitarforu...r-bridgeplate-
Old 04-19-2011, 09:00 AM

Cool! Thanks for the link.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair