The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-16-2019, 08:52 AM

Wow......I am inspired by the idea of "guitar room" for myself.

I am concerned however, that I might either have too many guitars, or not enough house.....
Old 01-16-2019, 09:44 AM
Charter Member

Some incredible 'rooms' and guitar collections. That room of electrics in Singapore was something else! I'm not a collector and only play acoustic these days. We're empty nester's now and we do have a couple of spare bedrooms. We keep one as a bedroom but the other one is more of a den, ie: junk room. I do have some guitar cases in there but we don't heat that room in the winter so not much else.

Besides, I much prefer keeping my guitars near where I spend the most of my time. So two of my guitars hang on the wall in our small living room. The 'gear' (Bose S1 & QSC k8.2) sit under a desk directly adjacent to the modest 'guitar wall'. During the week the Bose is generally set up for practice when we are preparing for a gig and only gets put away when our toddler grandchildren come over to visit.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:46 AM
Charter Member

Two Emerald Custom Woody's, one X7, one X20 on the wall (the Martin is hiding in a closet - she's afraid of winter), gear under the desk, Bose set up for practice.

Panorama shot:

Closeup of the Emeralds, Coco and Excalibur

Gear in the corner and under the desk

Bose S1, Boss VE-8 set up for practice

Old 01-16-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Panorama shot:

Nice looking Emeralds!
Old 01-16-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Growler View Post
Okay, I gotta ask. What do you play on the pink and top black ones? Cat Stevens? Cat's in the Cradle? Cat Scratch Fever? Pussy Cat Dolls?

Is there a story?

Love the Grestches next to them.
Metal, baby!

They're actually pretty good stripped down rock guitars. One bridge pickup and a volume control is about as simple as it gets.

And the girls love them.

Did you notice the Hello Kitty picks? They were a Christmas present from one of my daughters-in-law.

Oh, and the blue one is a Gretsch, the champagne burst is a Godin and the natural is a Gibson ES-175 in that picture.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Metal, baby!

They're actually pretty good stripped down rock guitars. One bridge pickup and a volume control is about as simple as it gets.

And the girls love them.

Did you notice the Hello Kitty picks? They were a Christmas present from one of my daughters-in-law.

Oh, and the blue one is a Gretsch, the champagne burst is a Godin and the natural is a Gibson ES-175 in that picture.
I missed the picks! I figured there was a story and that it probably had something to with girls.

In looking at it again, I can see I was in a hurry and maybe mesmerized by the blue Gretsch.

Nice collection.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion