The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 02-09-2010, 04:21 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default New Edwinson Falcon guitars

Hey, JR, great idea, adding a new custom shop forum. Absolutely golden!

I've been very busy finishing up three new guitars, so I haven't spent much time online lately. But I'm taking a short breather now, and really enjoying AGF the last couple of days.
I have two new Falcon guitars just finished and strung. They both turned out very nicely. I don't know how to post pictures to AGF yet, but if you want to see the new ones, I just put up a new section on my site called "New and Recent". Here's a link to the new Falcons:
http://edwinsonguitar.com/Edwinson_L...n_Guitars.html
I've also just completed a new ECC Consort Cutaway model. I haven't photographed it yet, but it'll be up on my site in a day or two.
And then I'll be starting a new prototype, a sister to the Falcon, called the Siren. It will have the same body style as the Falcon, except it's a Standard (non-cutaway) and it will have a slotted headstock and a new bridge design. I'm thinking of making the first one with Padauk back and sides and a redwood top. I'm itchin' to get to it. All the best, -the Edwinson
Old 02-09-2010, 11:21 AM

Here ya go Stephen...Great Job! Haven't touched bases with you in a while. Drop me an email when you're ready to pick-up where we left off...Aloha, Hen

Clark: A-Wedge Monkeypod/Snkr Rdwd
Cornerstone: Zion All Koa
Cornerstone: Tenor Ukulele Prototype #2 All Koa
Fay: OM Mac Eb/Englemann
Stehr: Aud. Braz/Snkr Rdwd 8-str

Plaid Coyote's gone home to play
Old 02-09-2010, 03:04 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default thanks!

Wow, thanks, Hen! Is that just a simple copy/paste maneuver? I've gotta try that sometime.
I'll be photographing the new Consort guitar today, and posting it to the site with a short article. And I'll send you an email, so we can catch up. I've enjoyed reading your posts as I roam around AGF. I knew this was going to happen--once you start chasing threads, AGF becomes addictive. Good, fun addictive... -steve
Old 02-10-2010, 10:28 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

Incredible guitars - very nice work, Steve.

**Someone had better buy the Canary/Lutz Spruce one quickly or it's going to be in my collection.** I'll give you folks a head start but I'm not kidding. That purpleheart binding is just beautiful against that color wood, and I know how good these guitars sound. I'd like to have a second one.

JR
Old 02-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Charter Member

Those are beautiful little guitars!

They are both 22 7/8" scale? They must be the ultimate couch guitar. How do they sound (in terms of power & volume) compared to a 24" scale Larrivee parlor?

*edit* Sorry if that question comes off as a little crass. I know this isn't a guitar review/comparison forum, I'm just trying to get an idea of how powerful these gorgeous little guys are. Larrivee parlor is a frame of reference for me.

Last edited by pg60; 02-11-2010 at 06:19 PM. Reason: clarify my question
Old 02-11-2010, 05:59 PM

I know a young artist named Julia Massey who really wants one of your guitars. It sounds like the new model might just be the right fit for her.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:25 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Falcon sounds like...

I haven't played a Larrivee Parlor, so I can't say how the Falcon compares. But I can tell you, these little raptors have a surprising amount of punch and volume for their size. They have an amazing amount of sustain and color as well. You can pluck a string and count to twenty seconds before it fades out.
Tell you what: My Seattle dealer, Robb Eagle at the Guitar Emporium, is the largest Larrivee dealer around. I'll bet he's got a Parlor on hand. I'm bringing a new guitar down to the Emporium next week, so I'll do a side-by-side, and try to give you an objective description.
These new Falcons have been played by a few of my guitar buddies by now, and the most common first reaction is...whoa!
I met Julia Massey awhile back. She's got a lot of talent, and is a 24-carat sweetheart. Whatever it takes, I'm going to make her a guitar. That would be an honor and a privilege.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:20 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

I'll put it another way. Despite the Falcon's size, you completely forget you're playing a small guitar once the notes start to flow. And I've used this guitar in several acoustic jam sessions with another player playing a full size guitar.

The hardest part is getting it out of people's hands once they get ahold of it. One friend of mine plugged it into a Line6 board, grabbed a v-pick from the table and commenced to shredding on it for half an hour. It sounded great and apparently worked for my friend.... but I'm a bit more careful about bringing it out after that one.

JR
Old 02-16-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cminor7sus4 View Post
I haven't played a Larrivee Parlor, so I can't say how the Falcon compares. But I can tell you, these little raptors have a surprising amount of punch and volume for their size. They have an amazing amount of sustain and color as well. You can pluck a string and count to twenty seconds before it fades out.
Tell you what: My Seattle dealer, Robb Eagle at the Guitar Emporium, is the largest Larrivee dealer around. I'll bet he's got a Parlor on hand. I'm bringing a new guitar down to the Emporium next week, so I'll do a side-by-side, and try to give you an objective description.
These new Falcons have been played by a few of my guitar buddies by now, and the most common first reaction is...whoa!
I met Julia Massey awhile back. She's got a lot of talent, and is a 24-carat sweetheart. Whatever it takes, I'm going to make her a guitar. That would be an honor and a privilege.

Robb has several in the store, including his personal Parlor.

Tony
Old 02-17-2010, 05:56 PM

That Canary Wood Falcon is probably the most amazing guitar I've seen in a long time. Absolutely classy, stylish and beautiful.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop