The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-02-2002, 10:20 AM
meridian

Default Great Customer Service from Musician's Friend

I bought a "Scratch 'n' Dent" Marshall AS50R acoustic amp from them in mid June. The reverb wasn't working, but I figured it may just be switched off with a pedal, so I bought a pedal and still no reverb.

I called Musician's Friend and they sent me an email with a prepaid UPS label to return the amp at their expense. They are now shipping me a brand new one (also at their expense) for the same price I paid for the scratch and dent! Normally they charge $379 for a new one. I paid $303 for the scratch and dent. So I will be getting a brand new amp without spending another cent! And this was WITHOUT buying their customer care package. Just their standard service.

I think that this is remarkable customer service and felt I should share it with you all!

I am a happy camper! And a happy customer!
Old 08-02-2002, 01:31 PM

Thumbs up kudos

Just wanted to share my kudos to MF too. For anyone a bit wary about ordering online... well I was at first... MF is an overal good safe place for odds and ends and bits of gear. I've ordered tons of accesories (strings, strings, strings) from MF and there have been no probs. (i would NEVER order a martin or other high end guitar from there though... go to your local store for that!) I even returned some strings (which they say are non-returnable) because the customer service person understood that the unopened strings that I had didn't fit with my guitar... They are doing good business, and there's a reason for that... they have generally good service... goes a long way in this time and age...
Old 08-03-2002, 03:46 PM

Thanks, Joe! Too few of us share good stories like this. Our nature is to complain loud and long when things don't go right, but to accept outstanding service as an everyday occurance. It's NOT!

I've never had that kind of experience with MF, because I've never had any kind of problem to begin with. Prices are good, shipping is fast and accurate. I'd give them an eBay-type feedback of A+++.

A certain gentleman at the Fresno Guitar Center went far out of his way to make sure I was a happy camper once.

Congratulations to both you and Musician's Friend!

cotten
Old 08-03-2002, 09:59 PM

Sounds like a lot of people are hearing about MF's excellent gesture. I guess their good deed is paying off. Just goes to show you, if you do right by your customers, you never know how many people will find out. It's just good business.
Old 08-03-2002, 11:34 PM

I just ordered a telescoping mic stand that was on backorder for two weeks, it came 4 days later! WOW!!!
2021 224CE K DLX Koa
/COLOR]

Guitars, you only get out of it what you put into it

Member #885
Old 08-05-2002, 01:00 PM

When I ordered "el cheapo," $29.99 1/2 size acoustics for my 3 year-old twins' birthday, MF was in the process of re-organizing their warehouse, and I was told it would be several weeks before they would be available. The customer service rep must have heard some disappointment in my voice, because she asked a few questions about when I needed them and why. When I explained that my twins were looking forward to getting them on their birthday, she said she couldn't promise anything, but she would see if there was anything she could do.

The guitars were shipped Next-Day Air, and arrived in plenty of time for the birthday, and my kids were SO excited! I'm sure that whatever profit MF might have made off of such a small sale was lost in the shipping costs--that they upgraded on their own, with no additional cost to me. I couldn't believe they would do that!

It took me several phone calls to track down the customer service rep I spoke to when placing the order, but I was finally able to thank her and let her know how much it was appreciated.

2005 Hamblin SJ (cedar/flamed mahogany)

www.jimtozier.com

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification