The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-26-2002, 08:48 AM

You go, girl! As it happens, I just bought my first electric guitar yesterday, after 25 years of acoustic/classical! I got a sweet little Godin Radiator, black with a huge pearloid pickguard. Not the prettiest guitar in the world, but she has a nice personnality.
Old 07-26-2002, 11:51 AM

Congrats on your Mex!!!
I bought one about 2 years ago - $279. How can you beat that? Looks great, sounds great.
Old 07-26-2002, 06:38 PM

Strats are great guitars. The only solid body electric I ever bought was a sunurst Strat in 1967. Still have and it is in perfect condition. Just never play it anymore. But, I find it impossible to sell. Too many good memories.

Enjoy!!!
Old 07-26-2002, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Guitarjonze
Trombone-
If a guy was to go to Lake of the Ozarks and wanted to check out guitars while he was there- where would he go.
Just fishing for suggestions-I searched the 'net but had no luck.
Well, I guess it depends where on that huge-o-mongus lake you're fishing! What's it have, like 1100 miles of shoreline?!
Our favorite stops -- Bass Pro Shop and Springfield Music. Talk to the tall guy with the ponytail at the music store. He's really nice.
Branson has some neat shops but it's been a few years since we've been there.
Have we met? Just curious. Feel free to e-mail me.

Bagelsgirl -- midnight blue! Yeah! Tried the light trick on mine and it's just black. No sexiness to it! Oh well. Let us know when you can play 32 measures of improvised 64th notes at 200bpm!
Old 07-27-2002, 08:56 AM

Default Love the Strat and my Bullet!?!

MexiStrat? Muy Bueno! I have a great sunburst one and love it. But here's something odd. My first electric (that I still have) is a Squire Bullet from around 1986 or 87. I know that Sq Bullets are pretty cheap today, but this one has what feels like a Telecaster neck and almost a tele body, a humbucker and 2 single coils, and almost a hollowbody sound to it. It is still a great guitar, cost about a buck and a half back then. Anyone know anything about those old Bullets? Also, just bought a Line 6 210. Tons of fun with both the Taylor 414ce and the electrics.
Old 07-27-2002, 11:19 AM

I have a Carvin Bolt, which is basically a strat. It's great to plug in and just wail around. My 15 yr. old plays electric and we play together. I usually end up playing rythym. He's developing into an excellent lead player. He definitely has lead guitarist attitude down!

414 LOTF MACE
Big Baby
Tacoma EMC9
Old 07-27-2002, 11:24 AM
Cocobologist

MIM (Made In Mexico) Strats are a great value for the $$. I had an arctic white one and I loved the tone and ease of play on it. Unfortunately, it hit the auction block to pay for my first Taylor. I still have my Les Paul, but I really miss the crisp tone and "Cluck" of the Strat.

Enjoy!!!

| '02 814c Custom (Coco/Sitka) | '03 912ce Custom (Coco/Engelmann)| '06 K65ce | '17 J45 Std. | '10 Breedlove Revival OM DLX (EIR/Adi) | Lots of electrics...
Old 07-27-2002, 03:59 PM

I bought my son one of the stratocaster"squier" guitars when he was 12.
It was made in Mexico, that is not the same as a mexi-strat, is it?
I was hoping he would get into it, I got him some lessons and he did have potential, but just never really got into it. , got it and the little fender amp new for around 300.
I don't know anything about electrics, but I do like get his out every now and then and crank it up and play wipeout and some led zeppelin.
I am a cool mom too!
Old 07-27-2002, 05:29 PM

I have had several Strats through the years and they are just awesome .

I live about 15 miles from the Corona California Fender custom shop and have a few friends working there.

I currently have a strat made for me there at the custom shop that is really similar to the american ultra deluxe strat with blue, red, and gold Lace Sencor pickups and with custom paint.

I have played alot of the mexican strats off the wall at the guitar center and several other store and they play and sound great also I am amazed by the quality for a mexican guitar.

I have NO doubt that you will enjoy it for many years.
Old 07-30-2002, 12:43 AM

Default Congrats B-Girl

I recently "upgraded" my Mexi Strat (midnight wine) to an American Strat (Natural wood grain finish).

I really liked the Mexi Strat but I LOVE the Amreican Strat. So easy to play.

You'll have lots of fun with the Strat. Enjoy!
Old 07-31-2002, 02:40 PM
Tayloresque

Congrats! I love Strats. I learned to play guitar on a vintage '58 Strat that I bought in '76 for $500 Cdn. (about $350 US) -- couldn't play a note at the time. Never thought I'd sell it, but after lots of soul-searching realizing that I've become much more of an acoustic player over the years -- and that it would be a very long time before I could afford a dream acoustic (my '79 Ibanez beater was ok, but really didn't cut it) -- I sold it on ebay about 3 months ago for a good buck. Apart from the Ibanez, I bought the gear listed below, paid some bills and for my wife's laser-eye surgery. Of course, I couldn't be without a Strat, so the American Vintage '57 Strat Reissue is a fabulous guitar. Love it to death. The '58 was awesome, and 'tho some think I was crazy to sell it, I know I made the right decision (for me) and don't regret it one bit. I personally think that if someone wants to pay the rediculous (over-inflated) $$$ for pseudo mojo, let 'em -- while I laugh all the way to the bank. My 'new '57 RI is every bit as good!

Good luck, and I wish you many happy hours of wailing away!

Tom
Old 07-31-2002, 04:38 PM

HI, I BOUGHT MY STRAT IN 1962 AND HAVE USED IT EVER SINCE, IT IS MY TRUE OTHER HALF. I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A TAYLOR 814ce
AND FEEL I HAVE THE VERY BEST OF BOTH WORLDS. I DID NOT REALISE TAYLOR OFFERED DIFFERENT NECK WIDTHS AND IT IS TAKING ME A LOT PRACTISE TIME TO GET USED TO SWAPPING FROM THE STRAT NARROW NECK TO MY TAYLOR WIDE NECK, BUT I'M IN ROCK AND ROLL HEAVEN WITH BOTH.
Old 08-02-2002, 11:20 PM

Howdy yall, I just recently signed up to this forum, sounds like Im alot younger then all of yall, but I was just saying my love for strats too, my first guitar was a mex strat we got a really good deal on it not too much for such a nice guitar(well I havent really used a better guitar) the only problem is that I have a horrible amp.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification