The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-22-2021, 02:07 PM

Default Stoogin' ain't easy

A compilation of times (not all the times) the Stooges got hurt. Amazingly they say Moe took the most punishment! Such pros. They don't break out of character and at least in the ones listed here don't ruin the shot.

Old 04-22-2021, 09:44 PM
Charter Member

No, it isn't. Happy belated 74th birthday to Iggy!

Old 04-23-2021, 01:08 AM

The last one is pretty well known, and you can see how he probably did get hurt. That one's kind of haunted me ever since I saw it. I'm skeptical of the others, though. It seems that Curly and Larry would have been bleeding and, in the one where all three try to go through the doorway, I don't see how anyone could have been injured.
Old 04-23-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanKliman View Post
The last one is pretty well known, and you can see how he probably did get hurt. That one's kind of haunted me ever since I saw it. I'm skeptical of the others, though. It seems that Curly and Larry would have been bleeding and, in the one where all three try to go through the doorway, I don't see how anyone could have been injured.
On the doorway one he clearly sprains his ankle, and clearly does his best to "get out of the shot". What happens to his head behind the bed? No way to know.

The Curly one head wound one is also believable to me. Hit the head, quick cut. No blood seen on film. The fountain pen in the foehead? Also believable to me...
Old 04-23-2021, 09:13 AM

Has anyone in the history of entertainment taken a beating better than Shemp?
Old 04-23-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
Has anyone in the history of entertainment taken a beating better than Shemp?
I'm going with Larry... The bald forehead, combined with that perfectly pull-able hair? One big pallete of pain!
Old 04-23-2021, 03:02 PM

A little-known bit of Stooges trivia is that the house-building sketches that appear in some of their shorts are based in fact - four of the houses they built in the 1920's were within a five-minute walk from where I/my wife grew up:

https://forgotten-ny.com/2003/04/spy...in-bath-beach/

Although the corner house was demolished in 2003 (in spite of neighborhood efforts to landmark or otherwise preserve the property) the houses to the left are still holding up well a century later - in stark contrast to those in the following clip:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic