The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 01-15-2023, 11:21 AM

Default Misfit, Original Song on Iris OG

Hello all I finally did a couple simple recordings with my Iphone 13 of a few of my original songs and uploaded them to my YouTube Channel which I have also ignored for a while, haha.

I hope people enjoy this, I got motivated to write Misfit after attending the Moab Folk Camp. It felt like the people who came this year where all a bit different in a good musically nerdy way and that the Folk Camp was a place where quirky people who might not always fit in to the "real world" had a place to come together and share their music and creativity. I started thinking about how we are all Misfits really and very few people truly feel comfortable fitting into the societal "norms". So I wrote this song, enjoy!

PS, not sure how "embed" this, might be nice to know if anyone can help with some tech assistance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUawZV2477Y
Old 01-15-2023, 11:40 AM
Charter Member

Nice job!

To embed a video from YouTube here on the AGF you go to the SHARE button on YouTube and copy the link to the video.

Go to the ADVANCED mode here on the AGF and on the screen, second to right on the upper lists, 2nd line, is a white arrow in a red box. Left mouse click on that arrow.

You will get something like this: [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE}
In between the bracketed YouTube indications, copy the YouTube link address (controlV). It will look something like this:

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/MUawZV2477Y[/YOUTUBE} Then delete everything in that link address from the forward slash over to the left. In other words it will look like this:

[YOUTUBE]MUawZV2477Y[/YOUTUBE}

Note that I have changed the bracket on the extreme right end of this code so that you will be able to see it here. Once you get it right, it will end up looking like this, below.

- Glenn
Old 01-15-2023, 12:55 PM
Charter Member

well done, enjoyed that!
Old 01-15-2023, 01:11 PM
Charter Member

Hat tip me lady!

Nice Iris, nice tune, living life well; thanks for sharing.
Old 01-15-2023, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Nice job!

To embed a video from YouTube here on the AGF you go to the SHARE button on YouTube and copy the link to the video.

Go to the ADVANCED mode here on the AGF and on the screen, second to right on the upper lists, 2nd line, is a white arrow in a red box. Left mouse click on that arrow.

You will get something like this: [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE}
In between the bracketed YouTube indications, copy the YouTube link address (controlV). It will look something like this:

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/MUawZV2477Y[/YOUTUBE} Then delete everything in that link address from the forward slash over to the left. In other words it will look like this:

[YOUTUBE]MUawZV2477Y[/YOUTUBE}

Note that I have changed the bracket on the extreme right end of this code so that you will be able to see it here. Once you get it right, it will end up looking like this, below.

- Glenn
Thanks so much Glenn! I will see if I can figure it out next time I post a song!

And thanks everyone else for your feedback and praise. I have quite a few songs to share and will try and do my homework and get to it.

I have some new songs I am working on, one called, "A little bit of kindness goes a really long way" and today I got the idea to do a song with some of the history and interesting facts of the small gauge tracks in SW Colorado that the Southern Rio Grande used to access the tiny mining towns here where I live. Just idea form now, but lots of fun color, like when the train got to Telluride train station, the conductor would yell out, "To hell you ride!" that might be the chorus hook line, lol.
Old 01-15-2023, 05:15 PM

Default Hat tip back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalFromChatham View Post
Hat tip me lady!

Nice Iris, nice tune, living life well; thanks for sharing.
Hat tip for sure, lol. I got that Iris here from Pg60. He ordered it but decided he liked his smaller CH Iris with the 1 11/16" neck and my birthday was approaching. I had a custom 000 all hog OG on order, but figured that would be another 6 months. They are both really awesome guitars. I am spoiled with 3 Iris's now to maintain my good standing here at AGF by having way to many nice guitars, haha

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Tags
blues fingerstyle, iris og, misfit, original song, songwriting