The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 11-02-2014, 07:45 AM
riorider's Avatar
riorider riorider is offline
*mahoganut*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Central Rural Oklahoma, off old Route 66
Posts: 7,112
Default

Hi Marcus! Beautiful guitar - looking forward to the 'tree' build too (of course!!).

Congratulations!

Phil
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-02-2014, 07:47 AM
Oxwood_Handmade Oxwood_Handmade is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Fenton, MI
Posts: 247
Default

Awesome! Weird coincidence that I just found this guy on Instagram a few days ago. His work looks stellar. Congrats on the new guitar!

Brad
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-02-2014, 10:58 AM
JoeCharter JoeCharter is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,549
Default

Congrats, Marcus. Looking forward to your videos.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-02-2014, 11:16 AM
printer2 printer2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Middle of Canada
Posts: 5,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
I don't have many side shots unfortunately. Are those now enough for you? :P
If I ever get enough I will have to take up another hobby.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Marcus Wong Marcus Wong is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstar View Post
I love this design. Congratulations!
Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one

Quote:
Originally Posted by riorider View Post
Hi Marcus! Beautiful guitar - looking forward to the 'tree' build too (of course!!).

Congratulations!

Phil
Thanks Phil! Looking forward to your "Tree" builds too. You better be posting plenty of pictures! Haha I should be able to post pictures of my set by the end of the month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxwood_Handmade View Post
Awesome! Weird coincidence that I just found this guy on Instagram a few days ago. His work looks stellar. Congrats on the new guitar!

Brad
I think it is a sign! It is indeed stellar haha He actually had his laptop stolen recently so he could not upload a lot of his past guitars unfortunately. The pictures you see on his IG are from this year if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCharter View Post
Congrats, Marcus. Looking forward to your videos.
Thanks Mau! Can't wait to record it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
If I ever get enough I will have to take up another hobby.
Haha! That is quite true. May we all never get enough
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Marcus Wong Marcus Wong is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,649
Default

EDIT: It's working now!

Hey guys, if any of you are looking to contact Joel via his website, you might not be able to do so at the moment. There seems to be an issue with the contact form on his website which he is seeing to immediately. Let you know when it is fully functional

Last edited by Marcus Wong; 11-02-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Too Many Guitar Too Many Guitar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 210
Default Michaud Guitars

If you want to see and hear Joel's guitars, he will have TWO of his guitars with back and sides from 'The Tree' at the Memphis Acoustic Guitar Festival. www.MemphisAcousticGuitarFest.com
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-03-2014, 07:39 PM
Marcus Wong Marcus Wong is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Guitar View Post
If you want to see and hear Joel's guitars, he will have TWO of his guitars with back and sides from 'The Tree' at the Memphis Acoustic Guitar Festival. www.MemphisAcousticGuitarFest.com
You all wouldn't be surprised who the other build is for
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-03-2014, 08:41 PM
theEdwinson's Avatar
theEdwinson theEdwinson is offline
AGF Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fairhope, AL
Posts: 1,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
EDIT: It's working now!

Hey guys, if any of you are looking to contact Joel via his website, you might not be able to do so at the moment. There seems to be an issue with the contact form on his website which he is seeing to immediately. Let you know when it is fully functional
Hey, Marcus, I followed your link to Joel's site a couple days ago and tried to leave a message, but like you say, I think it failed to transmit. May I re-broadcast it here? Thanks.

"Joel! I just got the link to your new website from the AGF, and went for a visit. Here's a raucous, hooting, foot-stomping round of applause for a job well done! I am really, really impressed with all of it. Your guitars are ravishingly beautiful. I am certain your career in lutherie will be highly distinguished, and you will be recognized as one of Planet Earth's best acoustic guitar makers. Best of good fortune to you!
-Steve the Edwinson"

I guess you all can tell, I'm a huge fan of Joel Michaud's work. All of you players out there who are looking for a superlative instrument that is still affordable had better get in line now, because Joel's stock is going nowhere but UP!
__________________
Edwinson
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Marcus Wong Marcus Wong is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
Hey, Marcus, I followed your link to Joel's site a couple days ago and tried to leave a message, but like you say, I think it failed to transmit. May I re-broadcast it here? Thanks.

"Joel! I just got the link to your new website from the AGF, and went for a visit. Here's a raucous, hooting, foot-stomping round of applause for a job well done! I am really, really impressed with all of it. Your guitars are ravishingly beautiful. I am certain your career in lutherie will be highly distinguished, and you will be recognized as one of Planet Earth's best acoustic guitar makers. Best of good fortune to you!
-Steve the Edwinson"

I guess you all can tell, I'm a huge fan of Joel Michaud's work. All of you players out there who are looking for a superlative instrument that is still affordable had better get in line now, because Joel's stock is going nowhere but UP!
Hey Steve, that is SUCH a nice thing to say! Joel is following this thread and is in the midst of attempting to join this forum so we might be seeing more of him in the future I'm sure he will be very touched by your message. I know I was! Haha

And I have to second everything you just said. I have nothing but positive things to say about Joel both as a luthier and as a friend

If I may say so myself, one of his rosettes inspired by yours is one of my favourites and I'm very much looking forward to your guitars here in Singapore's Heirlooms Music
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-15-2014, 02:13 AM
BBWW BBWW is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 3,070
Default

Joel will be building me an 00 with a scoop too. I was really impressed with the sound of his guitars. We will be guitar brothers!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-16-2014, 03:08 AM
Marcus Wong Marcus Wong is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWW View Post
Joel will be building me an 00 with a scoop too. I was really impressed with the sound of his guitars. We will be guitar brothers!
Hey Jay! Was wondering when you would chime in haha Yes we will be indeed!

Last edited by Marcus Wong; 11-16-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Marcus Wong Marcus Wong is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,649
Default Michaud OO-R Demo

Happy New Year to you all! Here is the demo video of the Michaud OO-R Koa Engelmann. Hope you guys enjoy it

Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-06-2015, 04:44 PM
SJ VanSandt SJ VanSandt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 2,124
Default

Wow! Fantastic playing, fantastic sounding guitar!
__________________
Hatcher Woodsman, Collings 0002H, Stella Grand Concert
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-06-2015, 05:12 PM
Brendan688 Brendan688 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hudson Valley New York
Posts: 195
Default NGD: Michaud OO-R Koa Engelmann

Excellent in all aspects
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
engelmann, joel michaud, koa, memphis guitar festival, oo-r

Thread Tools





All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=