The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 10-19-2019, 02:52 PM

Default newbie guitars

HI! am a newbie to the acoustic world. i am looking for the best instruction to learn how to play acoustic guitar. i have a lot of experience with the electric guitar. all i know is some blues pentatonic scales,etc… i would like to learn more acoustic playing.i can read music sheets. just curious on where to start as you tube and various videos are not helping.any insite or referrals would be awesome! thanks!
Old 10-19-2019, 03:28 PM
Charter Member

Hi Mitchdood and welcome! You will get lots of suggestions around here for lesson ideas/methods for acoustic guitar. It's not hard to get lost down the You Tube rabbit hole . . .

I might suggest taking some lessons from a guitar teacher just to get some focus and direction. If that's not possible, you might try out Justinguitar.com. He's pretty well respected around here. He has a lot of free lesson videos and beginner/intermediate books as well.

I'm sure others will have some ideas. One thing I would say, relevant to however you proceed, is figure out what style and/or songs you'd love to learn. That's always helpful for me.

Good luck!
Old 10-19-2019, 05:46 PM
Charter Member

Flatpick, finger style?

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write