The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-28-2019, 06:58 PM

Default OOO-28 Modern Deluxe vs OM-28 Modern Deluxe

Anyone have any experience evaluating the Martin smaller body modern deluxe models? They both seem to share the same internal bracing and VTS Sitka top. Of course the OOO is short scale and the OM is long scale.

Thanks
Rick
Old 05-28-2019, 07:07 PM
Charter Member

Identical guitars except for bridge string spacing (and therefore neck taper), pickguards, and scale length. I’ve played them briefly. To me, Martin just invented yet one more way to skin a cat—this time, with carbon fiber. I’d rather have a great OM-28 Marquis, personally. But these are beautiful guitars to look at and sure seem popular.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:21 PM

000-14's have always had 5/16" bracing but Martin is no respecter of their history so maybe theyve changed bracing.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoopeda View Post
Identical guitars except for bridge string spacing (and therefore neck taper), pickguards, and scale length. I’ve played them briefly. To me, Martin just invented yet one more way to skin a cat—this time, with carbon fiber. I’d rather have a great OM-28 Marquis, personally. But these are beautiful guitars to look at and sure seem popular.
Yeah, I wish they still made the OM-28 Marquis. I'd be interested to hear/play side by side comparisons between these MD guitars and guitars from the Marquis and Golden Era lines, one of which I own and the specs of which I prefer.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion