The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-11-2003, 06:32 AM
Charter Member

Default Chris Thomas King

Anyone ever listen to him? I'm only familiar with what he did in Oh Brother and Down From the Mountain, but he's got about 7 CDs out. Is all of his stuff the cool acoustic blues like he did with Colin Linden in Down From the Mountain?
Old 09-11-2003, 07:19 AM

architectx - I haven't listened to all of his stuff but I became really interested in him after I bought the O' Brother DVD (Hard Time Killin' Floor Blues is a great song!) and checked out some of his other stuff. It's definitely not all acoustic blues. He does a lot of stuff including electric blues, rap, and if memory serves me correctly, even a bit of reggae.

2003 Taylor 714ce L1
2002 Taylor 814c LTD
Old 09-11-2003, 10:53 AM

My son has at least one of his CDs that I've heard, and of course we've seen and heard him in O' Brother. I think his stuff is catchy and interesting, but at least of what I've heard, it all sounds kindof alike.

-Kent

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification