The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-12-2019, 05:40 PM
Charter Member

EFX8.....no USB...
Old 06-12-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krugjr View Post
JakeStone.....is it the Compact that you have? any sub units with that? I had the L1 Model 1 B1 with T1 Tonematch so I know the Bose sound and the system setup.....I always thought the T1 was just a Bose component but I've read here how a couple guys use it for their mixer.....I'm the 69 yr old (low tech) life long musician having a little difficulty with the digital world changing the "old ways", even though my ten yrs with the L1 was already a change from the old PA days
.......whether I go traditional powered speakers or revisit Bose, do you think I should hold off on the A&H, hold on to the T1 and first figure out my performance speaker setup? and since I don't do much digital recording yet (I did get the Zoom H5 six months ago and I'm "trying to learn"...ha...ha...) from a performing perspective, would the T1 serve as a mixer (interface) for a more standard active speaker setup, or would something like the Zed 10 serve me better, if I don't go Bose? thanks
Yes as a duo we use the L1 Compact, Plus a Bose S1 Pro as a monitor on floor. We use Yamaha MG10xu mixer. Usually 2 guitars 2 mics and sometimes more players sit in.

If u already have the Bose T1 .. I believe that you would need to buy the Bose T1 AC adapter for it. If you don’t already have. Since the Compact is a stand lone unit. Does not provide power to T1. Also no sub.

I’m not sure of inputs and outputs on T1. So you’d need to check that if it has enough ins outs.

Personally I like a more traditional mixer. Easier for me to work with.

What size rooms? How many people? The L1 compact is for small-med rooms .. less than 100.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:31 PM
Charter Member

thanks, JS
Old 06-13-2019, 01:04 AM

Quote:
EFX8.....no USB...
Ah, right!
1983 Washburn Timber Ridge Custom
- Fishman Onboard Prefix Premium Blend & - Schatten HFN passive
2016 Gibson J-45 Standard
- Fishman Onboard Prefix Premium Blend & - Schatten HFN passive backup
Tonedexter & Sunnaudio Stage DI
1990 Yamaha FS-310

Past:
1995 Martin D-28
2015 Eastman E10SS
Old 06-13-2019, 01:36 AM

I'll admit when I first read this post and replied I didn't really take note of the USB angle. Why is that important rather than using the good ol' RCA jacks?

I'm curious, especially as you say it isn't a recording thing. A simple little stereo jack to Y cable twin RCA's works for me.

Kris
Old 06-13-2019, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisls View Post
I'll admit when I first read this post and replied I didn't really take note of the USB angle. Why is that important rather than using the good ol' RCA jacks?

I'm curious, especially as you say it isn't a recording thing. A simple little stereo jack to Y cable twin RCA's works for me.

Kris
+ 1 ... I have to agree. In fact, I never cared for the sound from the Zed via USB. It wasn't the cleanest sound.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:09 AM
Charter Member

Kris & Jake...

remember, 69 yr old low tech here...ha...ha....
all I have is a library of MP3 instrumental tracks on my laptop that I play along with and sing along with.....I USB them to the Bose T1...they are stereo trks and ch 4 & 5 manage them for playback as a mono trk...the L1 tower placed behind me has been my "band" for ten yrs.....the Bose L1 Model 1 B1 is gone now but I still have the T1.....wanting to start playing again I've been exploring the options with a "standard" PA setup, and maybe play back tracks in stereo (perhaps better sound for trks?) now I'm tossed between those thoughts, and just sticking with the mono tower setup that I'm used to.....good speakers are really pricey these days! thanks for the feedback...

Doug
Old 06-13-2019, 02:09 PM

I play at an open mic that is hosted by a "word artist" and it looks like rapping/rhyming to a device that plays plugged into the P.A. is their bread & butter. So there might be a lot of technical information on sites and forums that are frequented by the rappers ...
Old 06-13-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Kris & Jake...

remember, 69 yr old low tech here...ha...ha....
all I have is a library of MP3 instrumental tracks on my laptop that I play along with and sing along with.....I USB them to the Bose T1...they are stereo trks and ch 4 & 5 manage them for playback as a mono trk...the L1 tower placed behind me has been my "band" for ten yrs.....the Bose L1 Model 1 B1 is gone now but I still have the T1.....wanting to start playing again I've been exploring the options with a "standard" PA setup, and maybe play back tracks in stereo (perhaps better sound for trks?) now I'm tossed between those thoughts, and just sticking with the mono tower setup that I'm used to.....good speakers are really pricey these days! thanks for the feedback...

Doug
Sounds good Doug. Thanks for the clarification.

As an alternative.. If the Laptop has a headphone jack.
You can also take the output via a simple stereo cable direct to mixer or T1... or even the input directly to the powered speaker.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:26 PM
Charter Member

ah yes.....I used to jack head phone out (stereo) to my old entertainment center amp and crank up the music through the surround sound.....thanks for the reminder if/when that option becomes necessary.....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification