The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-20-2020, 11:11 AM

Default Bluetooth Dongle?

It was suggested that here was the best place for help/advice.

I have recently purchased a Switchcraft 318BT Bluetooth dongle for playing home made drum/bass tracks behind my guitar /vocals, through my Soundcraft efx8 mixer (powering the dongle phantom power@ 48v).
The (Bluetooth/Mixer) pairing is totally silent but as soon as any streaming commences, drum trax or mp3 music trax (or even test radio streaming), a horrible low frequency static rumble persists behind the playing track creating totally unacceptable background noise. Track ends, streaming stops, pairing is silent again!

I have tested this with various devices (Samsung, Apple, Huawei), all with the same result.

I have also tested my device(s) directly through my JBL Eon One and Bose S1 that both have "built in" Bluetooth connectivity; both are noise free.

It appears then that the problem lies within the Switchcraft dongle and/or the 48v phantom power supplying it.
It is possible to power the dongle independently with a 5v usb supply; not much quieter and it defeats my objective of being cable free.

Anyone else had similar issues with Bluetooth or this particular Switchcraft product? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thank you....Brian.
Danelectro DC59-12 (open G)
Generic Parlor
Banjo- (An ideal Cricket Bat)

Last edited by Onemanband; 02-20-2020 at 11:23 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification